Can anyone help identify this as a Peugeout PX-10 or PY-10?

sam i am

Retro Newbie
Frame has chrome branded forks, stays, bottom bracket shell and no seat post clamp. Anyone out there know what it is? I haven't been able to find one like it anywhere in Google images.

Attachments

• _MG_7213-1.jpg
    _MG_7213-1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 469
  • _MG_7222-1.jpg
    _MG_7222-1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 469
  • _MG_7225-2.jpg
    _MG_7225-2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 469
Hi, I saw this interesting PUG on ebay recently and was curious as I swear the photos changed during the auction.The rear stays were originally half `chrome` and then they became fully `chromed` in the new photos. In my opinion the rear stays and lugs have been taken back to the bare metal and polished with a dremmel type tool and not factory finish ( ie they were originally painted ? ) The red paint doesn`t appear original either . (Apologies if I am wrong but I dont think I am ) . Peugeot PX and PY models had the regular three quarter chrome chainstay as standard on the drive side and quarter on the non drive side which is typical of all their 531 / 753 frames . There is no doubt its a Peugeot PX or PY10 ( PX generally meant it was off the shelf model whereas PY generally referred to custom build / order ( but not always ) generally in respect of frame sizing and colours ). It is a pre 1989 model as it has the horizontal simplex rear dropouts which changed to vertical in 1989. The serial number on the BB shell will begin with B or a Y and the next number indicated the year so if the serial number is in that format you can date it .As it has a pump peg on the head tube I would say it may be closer to 1988?. The most interesting thing about this frame is the internal cable routing on the top tube which is unusual and unless the frame has been modified since it left the factory it would suggest its a PY model. The quill seat post arrangement is not that unusual, I have had a couple myself but they were not popular and werent made like that very long. For info the only catalogue / factory models with fully chromed rear triangle was the PRO10 which was Peugeot`s top of the range steel bike and is arguably the holy grail of the marque and was only available as a special order in the UK. Hope at least some of this helps and sorry if I am wrong about the chrome but its certainly appears to be something that`s been done aftermarket .

Back