Rourke

mpatts

Dirt Disciple
Afternoon all. I've been after a Rourke for an age now, and picked up this well used example at the weekend. Record cranks, 105 the rest. Record hubs on Mavic gp4's.

Just making a plan, but the first plan is to ride it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,378
Re:

First and foremost I need to find out a little more about it - planing to give Rourke a call (but would appreciate any collective thoughts).

My outline plan is to essentially base the plan on how good the frame is. But will be something like:

Replace shimano with campag - modern if frame isn't too special, period if it is. Ride it for a while, then think about sending off to Jason to refurb.

Re:

If you've got the frame number, Rourkies will certainly know the age and maybe the tubing (depending how old it is - their records are better some years)
I have had mixed success in my enquiries ranging from "it's probably an 86 frame" to "29/09/95, built in 531c in Flam blue with a detailed list of brazings"

What sort of condition is the chrome?

Re:

Nice looking lug work and wrap around seat stays.

Classic 80's/90's restoration project.

Personally I'd go for 10 speed Campagnolo silver groupset, because it has a retro look whilst retaining the practicalities of modern components.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Very nice :). . I can just see a Portacatena hole and with the over BB cable route means very late 70's to early-ish 80's

Shaun

Re: Re:

TheElectronKid":3z6va7pe said:
Nice looking lug work and wrap around seat stays.

Classic 80's/90's restoration project.

Personally I'd go for 10 speed Campagnolo silver groupset, because it has a retro look whilst retaining the practicalities of modern components.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

i think this is likely to be the plan as its what I did with the Batagglin, and I love that.

I have the frame number now (I think its either 583 or 683) and have emailed Wayne @ Rourke some shots after a call to him.

I am hopeful the lugs and chrome point to something tasty, but who knows!

I think that number equates to 77 or 78. They started in 1973 and I think we're building on average 2 or 3 a week. I have 1774 which is an 86.

Midlife":2bwrpqer said:
Very nice :). . I can just see a Portacatena hole and with the over BB cable route means very late 70's to early-ish 80's

Shaun

A Portacatena hole? What's that Shaun?

Nice project BTW, like the colour :cool:

Mike

Mike Muz 67":3c2wn0d3 said:
Midlife":3c2wn0d3 said:

Shaun

A Portacatena hole? What's that Shaun?

Nice project BTW, like the colour :cool:

Mike

There was on in the RPotM last time. You could drop your chain off the last sprocket onto it to change the wheel quickly. Sits inside the dropout

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,067
Back