Sa Calobra Ready TVT!

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, apart from the Avocet, the TVT is now ready to hit the Majorca mountains! Funny how what once was seen by my 19 year old self as "gringo" or "Stout Boot Brigade", now brings me feelings of "YES! A triple chainset!!" when it comes to longggg spells of climbing! I climbed Sa Calobra on the old Eddy Merckx with a 39 x 26t bottom gear last time . . . NEVER again!! :shock:

HUGE thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me build it.

:D

... a wee update . . .

. . and that's about the speed I'll be climbing at!!

:eek:

Re:

Lovely colour that frame :cool:

Any temptation to put dura ace brakes on too ? My ocd wouldn't allow me not to :LOL:

Re:

Thanks for the comments, chaps. :)

No temptation for the DA brakes at all - I don't think that anyone ever made a better looking set than the Cobaltos.

I have been a life long fan of Campag but Shimano definitely made better gears back then, hence the 9 speed SIS set up. Campag were always a ball-tingler when you got up out of the saddle! :? :shock:

I'm building two La Vie Claire bikes at the moment which will be C Record affairs, but this TVT is the one that will be the most enjoyable to ride out of the lot.

:cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Sweat and benotto, slippiest combination known to man.

Even more slippy than the back of a mobile phone.

Re:

This will look fantastic on the road to Sa Calobra amonst all the generic chunky looking plastic bikes :D Just returned from Mallorca last weekend, unfortunately did'nt organise any bike hire, but went down to Calobra for the day and did some swimming at Torrent De Paries, water was lovely, weather beautiful, and the cols packed with cyclists. Hoping to get back again soon this time dedicated to some cycling :D

Enjoy the trip (not jealous at all) look forward to seeing the holiday photos.

Latest posts

Back