Early nineties Peugeot Altus

SanPedro

Dirt Disciple
Picked this up in virtually unused condition some 18 months ago and sadly it's not been well cared for. It had sat in a garage for 23 years and the anodising on the rims was still factory fresh.

It was my first ever road bike (coming from an MTB background) and I couldn't get used to the drops, so switched them for some MTB bars (heresy!).

The bike is looking a little ragged with rust on the frame in places and needing a damn good service.

So it's currently been totally stripped. The working groupest components have been cleaned, the frame is off to be shot blasted and powder coated, new cables, headset and BB have been bought, And finally I'm going to return back to drops. New bar tape is ready to be fitted although I'm switching out the old quill stem for an adapater + modern stem. The old stem wasn't particularly attractive anyways.

It'll be a few weeks before I get started on the build as I'm moving to Spain. But it should hopefully see many miles of smooth tarmac under bright Andalucian skies.

WP_20150907_20_38_42_Pro

WP_20150907_20_38_23_Pro

Back