Peugeot Premiere

mrcpea

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I picked this up yesterday, locally won from eBay. I paid £35 for it. Literally just taken photos, and done nothing to it at all.
It's a monster, measuring in at 64cm, which should be OK as I'm 6' 3".
It has a Mancalloy HLE sticker on the downtube. The hubs are stamped 89 20 and are maillard.
The number on the bottom of the BB shell is Y906 09305, to which I'm hoping someone in here will be able to shed some light on.
Not sure if I picked up a bargain or not?

Many thanks,

RIchard.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 635
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 635
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 635
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 635
It's an entry level bike from Peugeot but £35 is still a bargain. Like our low-end Raleighs, they hold their value quite well, they're bulletproof and they ride quite nicely.

Have a look in the catalogue scans section of the forum, pretty sure all the old Peugeot catalogues are there. This bike looks like it's a mid 80s one to me.

Many thanks, Jonny.
Looking at the brochure scans, it looks like a later model with the HLE tubing and 12 gears. I really like the bike and will clean it up. I did notice that the seatpost seems very small in diameter as it measures around 24mm! There is a sticker on the top tube that says made in France, but reading around, I think all the threads are British, as are most of these bikes made after 1980ish.

Thanks again for your reply, I really appriciate it :)

Back