Puch Prima Super 12 and Mystery bike!

Chris_o_27

Retro Newbie
Hello!

So i'm very new here. I absolutely love retro bicycles! Here are a couple of pictures of my Puch Prima.
Below I have put a few photos of my mystery bicycle i have recently got my hands on, i would love to know if anyone knows what it actually is? It has a Cinelli stem on it however i just don't think it is a Cinelli the seat stays and seatpost clamp just don't look like a Cinelli. The lug work looks absolutely beautiful though and i will defiantly be restoring this back to its former glory.

And the new one!

Cheers,

Chris

Oooooohh nice, before my time but looks Claude Butler Avant Coureur, Olympic ? Or Holdsworth Cyclone (or one of those winds)

Shaun

Cheers Shaun, I have just had a bit of a look at those but its just not quite there rather close though! Partly wonder if it may be a Hetchins, seem to be a very similar style!

Chris

That is some stunning lugwork. I think to ID it you're going to have to trawl the classic lightweights site until you spot someone's lug cutting style that matches it. Those lugs have a very distinctive longer curl on one side and they look like they are exquisitely finished. That, with the spearpoint rear stays that look like they may have been cut from wrap-over stays, ought to identify the bike, or at least the maker anyway.

Re:

Thanks for the link Viv1969, i have spent hours online searching! Many more hours to go i am sure, I will get there one day.
Jonny 69, it is absolutely beautifully crafted I am in the cycle trade and have never seen anything quite like it. I am hoping that the fact i can see an original colour under the horrid white means i may be able to slowly rub down the paint and find some sort of badge or maker name!

Back