Gazelle Champion Mondial AB 1981

Flandria

Retro Guru
Hi everyone,

Finished another bike a couple of days ago and it's about time to make a topic about it!

I got the bike from an older man a couple of months ago and have spent a lot of evenings cleaning and polishing up the frame and parts. The frame is a Ivory white Gazelle Champion Mondial AB frame. Paintwork is in good shape, decals too. Lovely frame that was built by some Dutch craftsmen in 1981, according to the serial number on the bottom bracket. Tubing is that good old Reynolds 531 and dropouts are Campagnolo.

I took the bike for a small ride a couple of hours ago, to make some quick pics. Here we go!

The bike as it is! Frame size 60 c-t, so fits me nicely.
8VP3cwq.jpg

Like the Ivory white a lot. Bar tape is Ambrosio Bike Ribbon, brake levers and calipers are dura ace from '77 that have been researched extensively in this topic: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=flandria
CDVWCkT.jpg

Wheel are Mavic open 4CD on record hubs. Freewheel is a Zeus 2000 that makes the best freewheel-noise I've ever heard. Tyres are Michelin classic: cheap but rather nice look.
leR1ZH4.jpg

CDVWCkT.jpg

REG shifter-cover-cap-things (do they even have a name?) on the downtube shifters
e1pSlos.jpg

ChSjZbQ.jpg

Leg power is transfered to the wheels with a Campagnolo Nuovo Record group, connected with a new KMC chain. Pedals are Kyokuto pro ace: campagnolo replica's, but from rather good quality imo!
AYHyyPW.jpg

Rims haven't met much brake pads in their life. Any tips how I can keep them as pristine as this? Not riding is not an option, not braking neither as I like the skin on my face more than the anodizing on my rims!
MuU6drZ.jpg

Enough pics of this bike standing still as a statue. Bikes are made to ride!
8n0AhAQ.jpg

Zz7Tky7.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Latest posts

Back