1997 SEACO Cannondale CAAD3 for Xmas..

gridno27

rBotM Winner
here comes my optical Xmas gift for ... - this has been a hazard project. It isn't planned

Sorry - @RetroGuru - put your Cornflakes away

I not searching for this bike - I normally decide for myself to collect plastic PRO Bikes only (I have a TVT92 Team Z, ONCE LOOK KG 1717, Lampre C40
but then someone from UK offered to me this frame - I had driven such a bike in the 90s when Aluminium comming from US became a common material of racing bikes

here will arise a SAECO Cannondale Pro Bike replica out of this present table - the first Bike from US, which ridden by an Italian ass (Mario Cippolini)
and Ivan Gotti

frame set: SAECO Cannondale CAAD3 (sold as R4000)
Group set: Shimano DURA ACE 7700 (excl. crankset)
wheel set: Spinergy rev-x clincher ... sorry I like this wheels, they sounds like a helicopter - but I didnn't found tubulars
crankset: CODA Motorcycle Magic 900R ... it was very difficult to find all parts of it, finally I found a CODA chainring with 44 teeth BCD 130
inkl. the CODA Bottom Brackets - the first Kind BB-30
stem: CODA quill
handle bar: Cinelli Eubious
Sattel: Selle Italia - SAECO Edition
seat post: at the moment I had a Cannondale C3 (but I looking for a alternative DNA, Cinelli Vai or similar)

handle bar tape: Cinelli macro-splash yellow-red (I found it in US)

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,577
  • CAAD3.jpg
    CAAD3.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,577
Very classy, I like that, just before bikes went all blocky and lighter with carbon, hope you enjoy your build and ride it when its nice. Never used the spinergy wheels, bit late for me and expensive, what where you put your hands...seriously! Looking forward to the build

@RetroGuru - my info is that SEACO uesd 2 kind of TIME forks in 90s - one straight for speedy flat stages with the Spinergys and one curved for uphill stages but then with Ambrosio rims and CODA hubs

... I think I will start to build up the bike right on time be finished on Xmas.

At the moment there are only some of the decals missing. I am looking for yellow decals for the chain stays
of the frame of (the Probike has different decals at right and left side)
- Shimano
- SIGMA SPORT
- dt)swiss
and a set of tires. It is so difficult to find real retro tires tubulars and clinchers - I think I wil take a pair of Vittoria Corsa EVO Open SC (...they look like retro tires)
I had this tires in tubular on my Lampre C40

Other question - Is there someone who knows where I can get some grid number plates, similar to which the Pros used in the 90s.

Back