Am I allowed to post my Orange CarbO here?

dont see why not and i would like to see it, from what i have read they are nice.i did have a look a while back at getting one but they had all sold out

It's my 1st ever (new) road bike, if we exclude the Triumph I had when I was 12 which was already a decade old and made out of victorian cast iron drainpipe :LOL:

And my 3rd ever new bike (in 47 years!) and whilst completely and utterly un-retro I really really like it :cool:

I would (will) love to do a retro-roadie but time and turn-key need count against me at the moment:

Anyhow one with the obligatory black Lab (Tia)...

And

cheers
All :D

oh yes please excuse the bells and whistles, it came straight out of the car for the photo shoot...then it was ridden (22 miles 1st time out :D )

There's now a bag labelled reflectors and other crap from the CarbO!

and look it's "designed" in Halifax. TBH it really is beautifully finished - and I looked at everything from Planet X, Giant, Scott, Cannondale to Colnago and this is as sweetly made as any of them...

And thanks Matt :xmas-big-grin:

I like it. There is one that's on permanent turnaround on the bay atm only the price and the fact that I have a road themed build in progress is putting me off.

I have seen a few disparaging remarks alompng the lines of its a standard Far East carbon frame with some orange logo's but I like the paint work and the finishing kit.

secret_squirrel":12236d23 said:
I like it. There is one that's on permanent turnaround on the bay atm only the price and the fact that I have a road themed build in progress is putting me off.

I have seen a few disparaging remarks along the lines of its a standard Far East carbon frame with some orange logo's but I like the paint work and the finishing kit.

The ebay guy needs to do a google as there's a few NOS around for 2/3rd the original price ;)

And as such I think it's worth what I paid for the paintwork ( :D ), the full 105 kit and of course a name rather close to my heart :cool: and which was within a a tenner (less!) of a Ribble Gran Fondo with equivalent kit.

I've seen the it's a "generic" stuff but then most plastic frames are, or made by two or three companies, however I can't find anything with the swept and curved seat stays the CarbO's got and the detailing / tube profile definitely has an Orange flavour.

cheers for the comments :cool:
And

That frame certainly looks good to me, and sure you're allowed to post, but you must offer up something retro in return ;)

I don't go in for that kind of thing myself, but as you say they're all mass produced in the same factories - the rest is marketing. For me the writing on the wheels is a bit too fussy alongside the frame - no hurt intended

gavr":dfphhjs8 said:
That frame certainly looks good to me, and sure you're allowed to post, but you must offer up something retro in return ;) d

See my sig - i've a few retro-rides to balance this modernity - they're not, of course, here on the 'dark side' ;)

gavr":dfphhjs8 said:
For me the writing on the wheels is a bit too fussy alongside the frame - no hurt intended

Yes that's my one, slight, bugbear, it's logo overkill (aren't (nearly) all the 'new' ones?) and I'd like some more stealthy wheels - but as this is the most expensive bike I've ever bought, by far, it'll do as it is (for now :D )

I like it too and felt that oranges new bikes were just totally yucky.
Im not a roadie well arent we all really lol but this i really like
How much ?

Love those decals :D

Latest posts

Back