todays bonus

dutchie

Retro Guru
However very cold in our country, this makes me warm. :D
Becuae, look what I bought today on marktplaats.nl. The dutch equivalent of ebay. For 10 euro which is approx. 12.90 USD or 8.50 GBP. I am searching for the year in which it is bild, together with a guy in Holland here. I think it is 88. Large flence, but on the front wheel it is an Normandy (80 on it), and at the rear a Shimano. Probably been changed later. Not much to none brazed-ons, not even on the BB for the deraillieur cables, which are mounted over the complete length with outer cables. I am not sure yet where this project will end by me. A fully restauration to his roots, but with the original coat and transfers including paterna. Or making a modern single speed of it, and respay it? May be not such a strange choice, because of the lac of brazed-ons. You may advice me, if you want. ;)
The brand is Phoenix type "Sprinter". The brand does not excist anymore. It was an old Dutch brand which later is bought by Intercycle (Batavus). Who did revive it for some short time. Frame size 60 cm.
1q60ew.jpg

Wow, for e10 you can't complain, eh?

Maybe build it up as a single speed before you respray it to see if you like the ride.

If you're thinking of selling it on later, I would leave the paint as it is. tweedehands.be (the Belgian equivalent
of ebay) is full of abandoned and semi-abandoned fixed gear projects that nobody wants to buy because they've been resprayed.

Most people seem to prefer to buy an old frame with original paint.

Good luck,

Johnny

Johnsqual":2z0gd1cs said:
Wow, for e10 you can't complain, eh?

Maybe build it up as a single speed before you respray it to see if you like the ride.

If you're thinking of selling it on later, I would leave the paint as it is. tweedehands.be (the Belgian equivalent
of ebay) is full of abandoned and semi-abandoned fixed gear projects that nobody wants to buy because they've been resprayed.

Most people seem to prefer to buy an old frame with original paint.

Good luck,

Johnny

I think you could be right John. I will certainly consider to leave the old paint as it is. Unfortunatly however it is a little bit fozzy, because some has been spraying something else in the neighbourhood of the bike in the past. It is covered with a slight little bit of grey underlayment paint.
I will build up the bike, and it will be sold afterwards. The pleasure of building is much more fun than riding it. ;) So I think I will be make it as it was, inxluding light etc.
Thanks for your response. :)

Done. ;) I am thinking about selling it. The joy of restauration is much more fun than using it.
zk07bk.jpg

Back