Which wheels, 700c or 650c

Altronix

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks, I have a project I'm currently building [see link at the bottom], I'm using a 60cm racer frame. I need to get new wheels and forks for it, so I'm considering the sizes and combinations that are available.

I was thinking of getting 650c wheels to help shrink the large frame size a bit, seeing as I've plenty of seat adjustment to play with.
Also purely for aesthetics I'd prefer it if the seat was up more, when it's down to the frame it looks wrong.

I'm wanting an average pair of chrome forks for it. And have found loads of 27" which would look good for the build, and would take the 650c ok.

I'm guessing someone here has experience chopping and changing this stuff about.
Anyone got any thoughts about this. Will it affect the geometry, or make the proportions of the bike look strange.

Thanks.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=227557

Problem sorted.

A friend of mine has just helped out by striping his girlfriends racer with a 650c setup, so I could try it for size on mine. [good friend, very understanding girlfriend]

I will be going with 700's after all. The 650's in a 60cm frame did look a bit strange.

Back