Raleigh Richmond

tbc

Dirt Disciple
I got a bit carried away on Ebay, and probably paid over the odds for what is essentially a lovely 531 frame with some pretty standard parts:

6152945921_12ebd51556_z.jpg

It has been converted to a single-speed, and I have the original shifter and derailleur, but no freewheel. I am thinking of keeping it SS, and perhaps even trying it fixed... :shock:

I am going to give it a little overhaul, but try and keep it looking almost as it does:

-Same flat bars, but with nicer brown grips, probably new Shimano Deore levers (unless I get any better ideas...the current Weinmann levers are nasty and stiff)
-Nice brown San Marco Rolls saddle - the current black one is being transplanted to my Pug
-A 700c front wheel to match the 700c rear (currently the front is 27")
-New Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 700x28 tyres - plumped for gumwalls, but I so so nearly went for the cream ones
-A new offside crank to replace the nasty modern one currently fitted
-Mudguard transplant, so I have either two black or two gold, and not one of each, with the rear made partly of coathangers - as it currently is.
-Some way of mounting my back light which doesn't involve bright yellow bar tape!
-New cables and blocks for the nice Weinmann centrepulls

I'll post again when I've done something interesting, and I'll gladly listen to any suggestions or criticism. I know this isn't the most original or thrilling bike but hopefully it will look nice when it's polished up a bit!

Latest posts

Back