My 1974 Holdsworth Pro

Oh my, this is beautiful. Just not sure about the rims.

My first "proper" bike (in the 70s) was a black Holdsworth, and I've had a soft spot for them ever since.

Nick

Old Ned":2qt8zeem said:
titch__16":2qt8zeem said:
This is AMAZING! Shouldn't it have the white stripes on the top of the chainstays? Or is that just the new 'replicas'?

roadking":2qt8zeem said:
Early team Pro's were green

Never seen that before, can you get any pics? :D

From what I remember it was a pale-ish limey flamboyant green...

According to my contact/acquaintance, who was a Holdsworth team mechanic, the colour was lime green enamel (not a flam'), Although flam' greens are a favourite colour of mine!

Rk.

roadking":r18sgw99 said:
Old Ned":r18sgw99 said:
titch__16":r18sgw99 said:
This is AMAZING! Shouldn't it have the white stripes on the top of the chainstays? Or is that just the new 'replicas'?

roadking":r18sgw99 said:
Early team Pro's were green

Never seen that before, can you get any pics? :D

From what I remember it was a pale-ish limey flamboyant green...

According to my contact/acquaintance, who was a Holdsworth team mechanic, the colour was lime green enamel (not a flam'), Although flam' greens are a favourite colour of mine!

Rk.

Hmm, interesting. According to the 'Cycling' road test of Mike Shea's bike, also on the Kilgariff site, it was 'Flamboyant'.

Re:

Hi Titch - 16
It did have the hand painted white design on the seat stays but when I had a respray I forgot to specify that and did not fancy trying to do it myself.
Note: sorry for the 9 year delay in responding - at least lock down had made me clear out my in tray!

Re:

No Ned,
Sold it last year for £900. Hadn't ridden it since I fell off and broke my hip. It was at zero speed so I got the full force of gravity with no sliding along.

Back