F/Sale: NOS British Ladies frame rear facing dropouts

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this last year to build up for my mums 60th birthday this year. However seeing as I got so attached to how it looked etc I forgot that she is a short arse at 5ft 0!
Anyway it is 22" C-T, in British racing green with gold & Red hand painted trim (Some small imperfections to these) Old style granny curved top tube so you dont need to swing your leg over so ideal for the older lady :)
Frame number is stamped in the seat tube (HB 31092:cool: but no makers mark, it takes a 25.4 seatpost I think. Ity weighs 4.5kg with the forks & BB in place.
The frame has a few small marks/chips to paintwork from very long term storage by original owner but is overall in superb condition. The worst is near the top of the headtube as pictured.
Headset cups fitted and matching races, just needs bearings. There is a matching set of forks that are also NOS but the steerer is too short by about 1", whether this was a mistake or not I'm unsure but I was going to solve this problem by adding a threadless steerer adapter. You can of course just have another steerer added.
The forks have a very nice stainless steel crown.
Rear facing dropouts and spacing is 106mm and front is 90mm.
It takes std british threaded Bottom Brackets and has new cups and lockring in place already(I removed them & put them back and tested with shimano 600 BB cups to be sure)
any q's or request for more pics just ask.
PRICE £65ono with £10 extra for insured postage
4268835189_ffa72bdf7f_b.jpg

4269579104_b0496ff65c_b.jpg

4269580228_a8cde1da09_b.jpg

Back