Klein Q Pro Carbon XX frameset 55/56cm £350 posted!

ForestHill

Retro Guru
Breaks my heart to do this, but I've come to realise that I'm going to have to sell this, as it's just not getting the use it deserves. Bought with the intention of using it as a summer 'best' bike for the moors, but just never had the chance to ride it as we had another baby in May so riding's been a bit limited. I'd rather it was getting appreciated and ridden and I'll replace it with something more practical for winter - I'd be keen on a PX or swap for something light and which takes full guards, preferably something titanium.

VNsujAD.jpg

Details:

Klein q Pro carbon XX - alu main frame and carbon stays and forks.
Lots of steerer left
Couple of little chips but nothing major and no dents. The worst is shown on the top tube and it could be retouched as it's not on the fade. Otherwise, v. good condition.
Clearance for 25c tyres as pictured.
55cm top tube, 51.5/52cm seat tube centre to centre or 55cm centre to top. I normally ride a 56cm and this fits me comfortably, Kleins just have long top tubes and a 'semi-compact' seat tube design.

It's built up with SRAM force 22 in the pictures, and that groupset isn't for sale, but I will sell the brake callipers, which are (frankly ridiculous) Bontrager Speed limit.

Honestly, a lovely bike to ride, it just always got passed over in favour of my other Sunday bike.

Price wise, I'd like £450 for the frameset and £100 for the callipers, or £525 for both. I can post it or it can be collected in York. Post will be about £30 to ensure it's insured. I think that's fairly priced, and I'm not that keen on selling so won't let it go for a bargain price I'm afraid. Wrong time to sell I realise, but these framesets are like hen's teeth so hopefully someone will want it!

fuz5t2R.jpg

h1wCc30.jpg

nGTOtUD.jpg

u3Hd1IL.jpg

EvQwkah.jpg

wORshdu.jpg

Re:

I am not a buyer since I have one ... in blue purple fade.

They are wonderful bikes.

Klein...for the road...really thoughtfully designed and beautifully built. Rides like a dream. Sharp, fast, doesn’t bash you to pieces. At least as good a ride as Ti if not better.

Re:

Yes, really does ride wonderfully. I just found myself deferring to my Cannondale in the summer, and was keeping this for rides where carbon rims wouldn't be advisable (e.g. descending Rosedale chimney) but just never really used it. It soaks up the bumps in the road beautifully though, and if I had the space to keep it I absolutely would. Trying to get to a more family friendly number at the moment though, and this is the unfortunate first casualty.

Re:

Does this not need to go over to ‘complete bikes’?

If people are not considering buying this then they are really missing something - they are very special bikes with very special qualities. OK it’s not a full big tyre frame with discs - which really are the current top standard of performance - but for the price this is an amazingly good bike....

BUY IT SOMEONE......

Re:

Oops missed that .... sorry not paying attention enough....

I paid 600gbp for a 105 equipped bike some 10 years’ ago. And I really thought that was a bargain.....

As a complete bike at this price it is an extraordinary bargain - as a frameset it’s well worth it ... and the brakes are really an attractive item....

Re: Klein Q Pro Carbon XX frameset 55/56cm

Price drop bump. £450 posted for the frameset. I don't think I'll go much lower as I'd rather put it into storage for the winter and sell it in the spring.

Surely a nice winter build for someone?

Re: Klein Q Pro Carbon XX frameset 55/56cm NOW £450 POSTED

Ok, last attempt at £400 posted for the frameset before I put it back in the loft until the summer.

Back