FS 1983 Raleigh Clubman Frameset With Modern Twist

orangetom

Dirt Disciple
I have forsale one of my much loved touring bikes. Its a reluctant sale but i have make room for the arrival of my Dream vintage bike arriving soon. The Bike as a whole is a 1983 raleigh Clubman in Flamboyant Red/Gold. I have ridden many happy miles on this machine and will be sad to see it go. Im selling it as a frame set as its missing wheels saddle and cassette. Over the years i have modernised the bike slightly to make it more suitable for long loaded up tours. However I kept most of the origional parts and will be passing them on to buyer. I removed the old downtube shifters and replaced with STI'S. Also i put on a new Surly Steamroller Fork with an inch steerer and Nice chrome Aheadset. This Made the Bike a bit more nimble. The origional forks are in good gondition and are alo included. I Dont have the origional inch threaded headset tho so to put it back origional this will be needed. The Bike was origionaly fitted with Campag gearing and i have all of this too and will include it.

Frameset As Sold In Current Set Up

1983 Raleigh Clubman Frame 60cm
Surly Steamroller 1inch Fork (uncut steerer)
New Chrome 1 Inch A headset
THE Inch Aheadset Stem
Modern Sidepull Front Brake (Chrome Finish)
Alloy Seatpost (Doudle Clamp) Unsized and free)
Origional SR Crankset 170mm
Sealed UN52 BB
Shimano Rear Mech 8 Speed
Origional campag Front Meach
8 Speed Shimano 105 STI shifters
Origional centerpull rear brake

Cable converter fitted to frame to take modern shifters
Recent Brake and gear cable refit
Clarks Cartridge Brake Pads
Spare New Shimano 8 speed Cassette

As Frame is at the moment it requires a saddle/Wheelset (if using newer kit)

The frame is in tidy condition cosmetically although it does have a few blemishes o n the paint work as you would expect for a bike of its age. Some of the decals are fading too. Still complete with metal headbage. The frame is straight and rings true.

Spare Parts Included
Origional Wheelset Inc Freewheel
Campag Rear Mech
Campag Downtube Shifters
Origional Forks (GOOD condition)

Im Happy to send pictures via Email and answer any questions I will post too on request at additional cost to buyer
You can contact me during the day on 07990590409 or at tomwilliamellis@googlemail.com

£120 (collection)

Thanks to all who have requested pictures. I will post up some detailed pictures over the next few days. If you leave me an email address I can email pics to you Thanks Tom

Back