Dropout Guide - 20th cen. lightweight steel dropouts

Otto Rax

Retro Newbie
For a long time, I've been a reader of this forum, but this is my first post. Here's the deal:

I'm trying to publish a guide to 20th century dropouts. Almost exclusively steel, lightweight dropouts. It will include at least 75, possibly as many as 100+. I'm over halfway there with the illustrations, but I don't have the funding to get it printed as a legitimate book. Let's face it, there is a HUGE influence on cycling from the UK, especially in the infant years of framebuilding.

I'm hoping to gather the support of the classic and vintage cycling community to help fund this project. Any donation helps, but for $35, you're helping and you'll get a book once it gets printed in April. Kickstarter doesn't allow an "International shipping" option for the "Rewards", but feel free to donate, and I will be happy to cover the shipping costs to the UK or EU. If you are generous enough to support this project, I'll be happy to ship books and posters internationally.

Here are a few examples of illustrations I've gotten scanned in.

Of course all will be professionally digitized for printing, but you get an idea of what it all includes.

I truly appreciate any support I can get in helping this come to fruition, who doesn't like another cycling book. And I guarantee you'll be amazed at how many distinctly different dropouts exist.

Thanks everyone

Here's the link to the Kickstarter (crowd funding)
http://kck.st/WiXVua

I appreciate the consideration![/img]

Attachments

• Drop01_zpsbdb6a722.jpg
    Drop01_zpsbdb6a722.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Drop12.jpg
    Drop12.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 196
Back