Orbit Thompson Town Bike 1986. 531. 3.4 miles from new.

Featch

Devout Dirtbag
https://plus.google.com/photos/1080...s/5729396253651042513?authkey=CLSS6Pi-5afk-AE

I made this bike for my dad back in 1986 when I was MD at Orbit Cycles. He only ever rode it once to the shops and then abandoned it in his garage. I've left it exactly as I found it with no restoration. The tyres and tubes 27" are perished, the paintwork and decals have suffered a little but mechanically it's a new bike. The period Huret mileometer reads 3.4 miles!

It's unique because back then the Thompson name was only used for race bikes and Orbit on the tourers but I thought my dad would appreciate a bike with the family name. It's not a custom frame, I just used one off the production line, but it was assembled to a custom spec. It's 531 C throughout and the seat tube is 23" centre to top.

It's a European spec apart from the Suntour rear mech, (I think Huret had just gone out of business). The brakes are from the now defunct CLB factory.

It's too small for me to use so rather than it spend another 26 years in storage I'd like to go someone who'd appreciate it.

Rather than put it on eBay I thought someone here might fancy it.

£100 collected from Wallingford (Nr Oxford) or I could possibly deliver a sensible distance from Oxford. I'm loath to entrust it to commercial carriers

So, 2 1/2 hours after initial post the bike has been sold and collected. Excellent!

Off to a new home to get a belated start in life.

and it looks great in amongst all the other bikes in my garage , will swap tyres and tubes 2moro and give it some lube and then its set to be my commuter

many thanks

Back