Circa 1996 4130 Giant Peloton 7400 RSX STI road bike 58cm

was8v

Senior Retro Guru
Selling due to little use!

I bought this used a few years back, and replaced the rear wheel, cassette, chain, seat and bar tape. I have done maybe 150 miles since the new components.

Its chipped and scratched a bit but is reasonably presentable. I planned to have it stripped and powder coated, then decalled in the 70's Giant logo.

The right crank has stripped extract threads, so you will need to use a puller or your favourite alternative method if you ever wanted to get it off.

Spec:
58cm Double butted 4130 Cro-mo frame and fork.
1" threaded headset and quill stem
RSX 7spd STI
RSX triple Chainset Compact
RSX rear mech
Sora band on front mech
Rigida Brakes
Shimano front hub on rigida rim
Hutchinson tyres
New Rear wheel Rigida flyer (8/9 speed)
New shimano 7sp cassette with spacer to fit hub
New KMC chain
New charge spoon saddle
Very worn old MTB SPDs not included!

Will split if theres no interest as the RSX STI will go for £50 alone.

£200 can be collected from Lancaster or Penrith

I can also have a courier pick it up.

pJZfO.jpg

Hi,

I'm interested, a couple of questions ...

1. It's too far away for a pick up, any idea about the cost of a courier?
2. I'm new to road machines, I think it's in the right area for size at 6'1" any thoughts in terms of your own height and fit on the bike?

Thanks

Courier would be about £20

I'm 6ft with 34 inside leg and it fits well :)

I forgot to add that it has a shiny new seatpost too as the old one was looking sorry.

More pics: http://imgur.com/a/hJC5d#0

As you can see there are a few scuffs, all due to poor storage by the previous owner, there's no dents.

Chain is off in the pics as I'd just refitted the rear wheel after transport.

I was planning to get it stripped and powder coated in a retro colour and put 70's Giant stickers on it, but never got around to it

It will have the original stem on it (not the adaptor and aheadstem) and the computer / spare tube / bottle cage will be removed.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back