FS: 61cm Eddy Merckx Strada OS - Complete Bike

Simon

Senior Retro Guru
Sorry for posting an advert without any photos - I'll add some up later in the week. I purchased this as a project last year but I've got too many projects so this will have to find a new home.

61cm C-T (about 58.5 C-C seat tube) Eddy Merckx Strada OS - one of the later steel Merckx frames, this was was the one the smart money brought. Brain OS tubing, with the same finish quality and details the more expensive frames had (chrome chainstay, internal top tube routing, great paintwork).

This example is finished in a mid blue colour with white and yellow details. The fork is the original Merckx steel model in chrome. The paintwork is original and in good condition with just the usual few chips and scrapes.

Drivetrain is mostly 8 speed Shimano 105 with the wheels built onto Mavic CXP30 rims. The chainset is a Campagnolo. Bars and stem are Cinelli, with a cut-down Syncros seatpost and a Flite.

The bike isn't perfect - the tyres are a bit tatty, the drivetrain is a bit worn but shifting fine, and one rim has an old repair. However, I'm basically selling the entire bike for roughly what the frames are selling for on eBay.

At this point collection is preferable from London, though I travel to Birmingham occasionally (should be there next week). I may post if a local buyer doesn't come forward.

£350

Right, quick and dirty photos below (literally - the bike will look a lot better after a good clean):

SAM_8726.JPG

SAM_8727.JPG

SAM_8730.JPG

SAM_8731.JPG

SAM_8732.JPG

SAM_8733.JPG

SAM_8735.JPG

SAM_8736.JPG

SAM_8738.JPG

SAM_8739.JPG

SAM_8740.JPG

SAM_8742.JPG