Carlton 501 frame and forks for sale

Rich34

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this bike years ago from a mate (who is also now a forum member) but the frame and forks have been at my Dads place in Devon for quite a few years now. They've been living in a barn and haven't been rained on but the damp is a fact of life in Devon farms unfortunately so there's a fair bit of rust but I wouldn't think it's any more than surface.

My mate reckons it dates from '87/'88 and will be a 22" frame. I used to ride it a lot and remember it being slightly too big for me and I ride a 21" so that would be about right. I've done some Internet research and I think this model was called the Kermesse. Here are some pictures:

carlton1.jpg

Carlton3.jpg

carlton2.jpg

carlton4.jpg

As you can see there are some wheels and a seatpost and gear levers with it. They'll be incuded in the sale obviously. I can't remember if the wheels are a matching pair. I have no idea what condition the BB and headset are in but judging by the frame they'll need a good look at! The tyres are Halfords solid tyres - I used to usee this to commute to college and thought that being guaranteed to not have punctures would be a good idea, but in hindsight I recommend the buyer throws them (far) away and puts proper tyres on!

My Dad is currently having a tidy-up and so I've suggested to him that this can go too as I live in France and so I can't just pop round and get it. I think 50 pounds is a reasonable price. If anyone wants to bite my hand off please do, otherwise, in the absence of any interest, offers will be considered. I think my Dad would prefer someone to collect it as he's quite busy most days. He lives near Tiverton, in Devon.

Anyone interested, please let me know, and I'll put you in touch with my Dad for viewing or buying details.

Overwhelmed as I have been by the amount of interest in this (170+ views and no comments...) I'll bump this once, but only once. I can take a hint...!

It won't be ending up in a skip though. Maybe I'll build it up as a singlespeed and punt it off that way.

So, any offers...?

Back