July clearout - retro/modern (Langster/wheels/brakes/shoes)

Retro1702

Dirt Disciple
Using my couple of days off work to finally list items that I've been meaning to sell on for a few months now.

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/glasgowsufc/For Sale July 2011/

All prices include UK delivery (happy to negotiate if buyer wants to collect). Ideally I don't want to post overseas but happy to consider if the buyer accepts delivery costs will be more than quoted here.

Payment via PayPal as gift, bank transfer, cheque or (cash if item collected).

1) 2010 Specialized Langster - £325 SOLD - Buyer didn't want either wheelset or spare chainrings so these will be advertised on new ad soon...
This bike is not just a stock setup straight from the shop. 2010 61cm frame and has done me 2 winters training but is still in excellent condition, only a small scuff around the BB shell where the chain came off and a couple of marks where the shop I got it from fitted Raceblades incorrectly.

I'm including the factory issue wheels but also a far better set of Ambrosio fixed/fixed wheels (32spoke) - the front has only done about 200 dry miles and the rear has never actually been used. Tyres would be Specialized Mondo, red/black/white (Quickstep team special editions). 18 & 19t cogs on the Alex wheels & a 16t (used) on the Ambrosio. The chainset has got a couple of scuffs too but is still in good condition and is fitted with a decent Thorn 48t chainring. I'm also including the original Sugino Messenger 42t and another 46t one. A brand new chain was fitted at the end of March & the bike hasn't been ridden since. The brakes do however need new pads and the BB needs servicing but other than that it's good to go.

The saddle is a bit worn too, but I'm happy to swap this for either the white Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel (as listed below unless it sells first) or a black Selle Italia Filante I've got knocking about my spares box.

I've taken the pedals in the photos off now but have got a set of unused clip & strap pedals that were the original factory issue which I will include.

Bike will be delivered via courier packaged in bike box, although collection or meet within 150miles of Glasgow would be obviously more suitable.

2) Shimano Exage Motion brakeset £10 UNDER OFFER
Taken off an old winter hack-back. Minimal use, although weather & time has dulled their finish slightly. Brake blocks have got loads of life left in them.

3) BRAND NEW & BOXED Carnac TRS8X triathlon/TT shoes (size 45) £30
Bought these off another forum as I was needing another pair of shoes for turbo-training. They were unfortunately too small for me (I thought I was a 45 in Carnac but my old trusty Aero UCS shoes were 45.5 evidently). They've never even had shoeplates installed. Silver/black/red, one strap velcro fastening.

4) 2009 Scott Pro Road shoes (size 46) £40 SOLD, AND COLLECTED
Again these don't fit me properly hence why I'm selling them, although in this case they're actually too big. Nice shoes and very comfortable, especially if you have wider fit or high insteps. Only marks are in the usual places (e.g. sole where shoe-plates have been fitted, I've used both Look Delta & Keo on them) and where I've put my foot down when stopping at junctions etc. Very stiff "Direct Power Transfer" soles, one ratchet & two velcro fastenings. Silver/red (although Scott marketed them as white/red).

5) Vintage Italian no-brand leather road/touring shoes £10 SOLD, AND DISPATCHED
These were the first shoes I ever bought when I got into cycling in 1989 and were purchased from Carpentari Sport in Torbole (on the shores of Lake Garda). I can't remember their exact size so lets just say UK size 11. The shoes have both 3 point Look drilling as well as fittings for retro clip/strap pedals. Very comfortable & still have loads of life left in them. Plain black with 2 velcro fastenings.

6) Campagnolo Wheelset £50 SOLD, AND DISPATCHED
These are 7 speed (freewheel NOT cassette) wheels with Chorus hubs built on to Omega Strada Hardox rims. Front has plastic Michelin rim tape, rear has Velox cloth tape. Both wheels still run well and true and have a good few miles left in them. Freewheel is a Sachs Maillard & 13-19 straight-through block. Will be despatched via Royal Mail/Parcelforce in specific wheel box.

7) Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel white saddle £30 SOLD, AND COLLECTED
It's a 2006 Flite Genuine Gel, hardly ridden and in pretty good nick, white perforated finish with small black anti-scuff side panels. Think the rails are titanium too. A couple of small marks as per the photos with the most obvious one being where water got into the stitching on the top and caused some blistering of the final finish layer.

If there or any questions or you would like to see more detailed photos of anything, please let me know and I'll do my best to provide further details.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks to my 2 buyers on here so far.
Any further interest on anything before it goes on eBay.
Sensible offers considered.

Back