Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering Remy Course kit

Early/mid 70s frame by Remy of Ossendrecht, Holland

Handcrafted by masterbuilder with great reputation Marten van der Bergh. It is a fine frame. Construction is light. Even with parts fitted it feels light.

Remys found their way to several well known riders, among them Hennie Kuiper, Jo de Roo and Jan Janssen.

Comes with:
- Nuovo Record headset
- Nuovo Record bottom bracket
- Nuovo Record shifters
- Nuovo Record front mech
- Zeus clamp on cable guide

Condition:
It is not a minty frame, hence the attractive pricepoint. The frame is entirely chromed and there is no rust. Structurally 100% sound. I suspect the shifter bosses are brazed on at a later point and that the frame was given a repaint after that. I have seen with a more perfectionist attitude performed paintjobs. You could consider stripping it, polishing the chrome to a deep gloss and have new decals made.

Looking for 120 GBP shipped

4594502151_084091f8a7_b.jpg

4594504327_5f8ce75c64_b.jpg

4595119380_9459538d28.jpg
4594503479_0054de07a2.jpg

4595120200_e989f36321.jpg

4594505217_9ab76f4008.jpg

Some dimension I forgot to mention:

Seattube = 59cm c-t
Toptube = 565mm
Rear spacing = 120mm

So far there have been no takers for the Remy and there even haven't been interested parties through PM. Possibly this has something to do with the unawareness or not being familiar with Remy. Remy fits in the same tradition of Dutch exotics as do Presto, Zieleman, RIH Bustraan etc. All very small to very very small number made custom thoroughbreds from back in the day. Frames handcrafted by one known builder, not by a crew or staff.

This frame is looking for someone with the willingness to give it back 100% of its glory and pride while preserving the authentity and pureness as much as possible. Someone with tact who knows how to do it.

Price drop, made possible by the Greeks ;) 115 GBP shipped now.

Elev12k":6n6gw6rk said:
. Someone with tact who knows how to do it.

You talking about me again? ;)

It does look very interesting - but I've got to many already!!

Give me a day to think about though................

I'd need some more period Campag gear for it.

Back