New Project- 05 Indy Fab Ti Deluxe

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
So after the storm of the big sell off comes the sunshine of a new project.

I won this on eBay this week and its already winging its way over the water. I wanted something to replace two of my favourites from the recent sales- my all day Cotic and the beautiful Fat Ti. I've always had an interest in Indy Fabs- the lineage from the long gone Fat City Cycles being a big boon for me and after lusting over Wu-Tangled's steel Deluxe last year in the Peaks my mind was set. I wanted a later model as I like discs and as I have a few sets kicking about it made more sense.

Looking forward to building this up. Not sure what its going to wear yet, but its going to be nice for sure.

A few pics lifted from eBay to whet your collective whistles.

4505125287_7d750d061e_o.jpg
4505125299_9e46a5a945_o.jpg

4505125303_5060b6140a_o.jpg
4505125301_0e24795a2b_o.jpg

4505125291_4eb488cbe2_o.jpg

Bloody lovely. If I didn't have a Rigor I'd have one of those. Hell! I may even get one myself one day... perhaps when you get bored of it Si? ;)

i guessed those fats were going because you wanted something else! very nice choice and i await the spec with bated breath!

:cool:

I think I'm going to skip on the headbadge. I'm not really a fan- a little bit like those tacky Budwieser belt buckles that country music fans wear :?

Just trying to decide on spec now. I'm thinking tubeless rims on Chris King hubs, Ti seatpost and stem, Jones H-bars, Middleburn cranks, Formula The One brakes, M950 mech and shifter (1x9) honey Brooks Swift.
Fork I'm stuck on. Would like a segmented rigid in steel or Ti but also quite fancy trying a Jeff Jones Trus fork too.

Going to be a slow burn this one so I'm not going to rush into my choices. I want to finish my new Yo Eddy first!

Si

Niiiccceeee.

What's the serial # on that Si? Is it a custom or stock geomtery. Looks quite similar to my 06 steel deluxe. If it rides the same you'll not be dissapointed.

Fork wise sounds like your going rigid. Found personally a 110 fork suits the frame quite well.

Odd that someone would originally pay mega mega money for an IF then not get the silver head badge. Weight saving perhaps?

Back