The silliest KHS Solo One you'll ever see

rolondo

Dirt Disciple
I admit - it's probably not the frame for this build. But it's a fun bike and I've always wanted one of these from the day they came out. So when the opportunity came to buy one of the frames new and cheap - I couldn't pass up doing the build right.
IMG00166-20090608-1758.jpg

IMG00167-20090608-1758.jpg

KHS Solo One frame
Bontrager carbon fork
Hope stem
Hope hubs, DT Swiss rims
King Headset
Salsa Skewers
Ringle Post
Avid BB7's
Truvativ Stylo crankset

I've ridden this bike a LOT this summer - it's pretty much what I pull out when I hit the trials.

I like it!

I nearly ended up with both the softail and full suspension KHS 2005 team bikes (to match my hard tail) last year. Thought it would be cool to own all 3 as they shared the same decals/styling.

I know there isnt much travel in the softail design, but doesnt it play havoc with your single speed chain tension?

Thanks! There's not near enough movement in the soft tail to mess with the chain tension. I was actually a little disappointed that there wasn't more play in the suspension - it's so minimal that you really don't notice it that much...if at all.

GearlessinSeattle":3rs23fra said:
That's very cool.
I have look at them but could never pull the trigger.
How does it ride?

It really does ride great - especially for around here. Texas is pretty flat - even the good singletrack I've found is more about weaving through trees and getting over the endless tree roots that pop up. I've had more fun with this bike than I have with anything I've owned. I did have to get used to riding a rigid fork again. I know carbon is supposed to have more "give" and all, but when you've only ridden a suspension fork for the last 10 years or so it takes some getting used to again. my only concern is how long the soft tail elastimer will actually last. It doesn't have a lot of give to it, but if it goes I wonder if I'll have to replace the frame all together. So far so good - it's just something I've pondered.

Back