Orange 222, Ms Isle, Patriot and Prestige

Frenchman

Retro Newbie
Have been more of a lurker around here for a few years so I thought it's about time that I post a few of my bikes.

2002 222

sideleft1.jpg

rearhub.jpg

_1013422.jpg

Frame - 222 150mm rear, DHX 5 Ti spring
Fork - 09 Boxxer, Now 2011 team
Cockpit - Pace c46 stem 25.4, funn 750, Point one direct mount stem, FSA Orbit Stem
Saddle + Post - Sdg Ti Fly, Thomson post
Brakes - M755 Xt + goodridge lines
Drivetrain - Dura ace cassette, chain and rear derailleur, xt 9spd shifter, M785 cranks, Renthal ring, E13 guide
Wheels - DT Swiss 440 ano blue, Mavic EN521 and Maxxis Minion and High Roller tyres.

2002 Ms Isle

85AAC71F-39C8-4860-8C5D-50B6F0EF20C7_zpsgjairkqf.jpg

146018FB-93A4-41C5-A80C-6AAB6FE151B1_zpsozu6zpeg.jpg

Frame - Ms Isle
Fork - Pike 409
Cockpit - Thomson stem 31.8 and Funn Full on bars 750mm, ODI grips, FSA orbit headset
Saddle + Post - SDG Ti Fly and Thomson
Brakes - M755 XT + goodridge lines
Drivetrain - Sram x9 shifter, XT cassette and clutched derailleur, XTR chain, M785 cranks, Hope ring, CSIXX carbon guide
Wheels - Hadley on EN521 Tubeless Maxxis advantage front and Aspen rear

2002 Patriot

temporary-11.jpg

temporary-12-1.jpg

Frame - Patriot with RP23
Fork - Pike 409
Cockpit - Thomson stem 25.4, Funn full on bars 750mm FSA orbit ODI grips
Saddle + Post - SDG iFly and post
Brakes - m765 XT
Drivetrain - E13 guide, M785 cranks, xt shadow rear derailleur, xt 9 speed shifter, 9spd Dura ace cassette and chain
Wheels - Hadley on EN521 high roller front, larsen rear

2008? Prestige

70A41593-F289-4227-AA6F-22CB7F57C78F_zpspduhke9a.jpg

EA1DD7C7-E873-4C5C-BF9A-4B60E8ACD8A9_zpsnm48rg1h.jpg

Frame - Prestige
Fork - Revelation coil uturn
Cockpit - Thomson 31.8 renthal carbon bar, king headset, ODI grips
Saddle + Post - Thomson and SDG Bel Air
Brakes - M755 XT + goodridge lines
Drivetrain - Sram XO shifter, XT cassette clutched rear derailleur and cranks, Hope ring
Wheels - Hadley on Stans olympic Tubeless Schwalbe Rockets

Re:

Cracking set of bikes dude.

Hope you don't mind me asking but how do you find the Patriot? I've noticed a few around at very tempting prices but been a bit put off by the potential weight. Id be looking to use it for going up (slowly) as well as down (slightly faster) just wondered how you find it pedaling etc? I was hoping to build one in to a decent all day bike.

Cheers

Matt

Re:

Very nice. How much travel on the Prestige fork?
I have a frameset to build up, but I'm not sure which fork to use.
Was going to switch parts from my P7, but I think the fork travel might be a little long.
Cheers
Mat

Re:

Hi Matt,

The patriot is great except when going uphill. It'd be similar to pedalling a trampoline. I modernised the frame a little by adding a set of offset bushings which slackened it out by 1.5deg. Did the same on the 222. Makes a noticeable difference. If you see one with an fox RP style air shock you want one that does not have a high volume can. The leverage curve is regressive on them. Weight isn't too bad, it's a bit porkies than a Five but it's quite stiff and rides very similar to the 222. Which is what I love about it! A dropper post would compliment it quite well. I've recently drilled out the cable guide as well to allow full length inners.

And Mat,
They're sitting about 110mm, but it does have adjustment up to 140mm which I've used when riding at enduro style events. Handles well for something 7years old. Although I think a rockshox SID would be a bit better suited to match the rear. I don't mind the flex it offers. It's my most used bike by far. I won't stick with the rocket rons though, having given them a run today I'm missing the grip the maxxis seem to offer!

Added a five to the mix to replace the tired patriot. A couple of cracks have started to form under the head tube and swingarm.

Rides well, although the p23 is a bit underwhelming. I've only noticed it on the longer descents so far. It'd be nice to pop a coil in there :xmas-big-grin:
similar spec to the others 521 rims + hope hubs
m755 callipers on xtr levers
sram xo shifter and xt drivetrain
thomson stem and renthal bars
Took it out for a quick ride and celebrated by casing a few jumps :p
B80406C3-D383-456C-9DAE-1B011CFC72FD_zpseb7y7t2r.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6GaL0FXwNk[/youtube]

And gave the little ms Isle a few tweaks. Namely the xtr levers and fresh round of rubber. She's aged very well.
1A4164B8-C0B0-4EF4-8D46-AD30856BE4B7_zpsqoop7lnh.jpg

And I couldn't leave the Prestige out. Set of fox forks and xtr brakes suit it well
BCDA3CB0-3B1D-4D62-84A1-F46DD2EE4089_zpsdfbokblr.jpg

Re:

Hey Adam,
Yep up in the top end. It's too flat over this way. I'm currently trying to relocate to the east coast where it's a bit cooler and the hill are much larger!

Back