Inbred

superstu

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
So, decided that I wanted a 29r, and a project. Disc brakes are lovely so that was a must. Fully rigid, bit of a pootling bike, winter warrior, jack of all trades. Had some bits in my spares to use to cut down on costs, as this is a budget build.

Gravy Monster had this On-One Inbred going - a cheap entry into big wheelers. The original paint/lacquer was crap, so a bit of persuading and a rusty rat was born. This is it when it was in his capable hands:

I decided I wanted to prevent any rust from being serious (it was all surface) so took it to the powdercoaters for a sand blast and spray. Hadn't decided on colour until I was in their office looking at chart and desperate to get back to the office...but I am pleased with the choice :cool:

Was hoping to have this ready for mayhem but the bike and myself missed out :cry: . Still, looking forward to using this - got a feeling it could be my go-to bike.

Rigid forks are excellent offerings from Pace. Deore/slx kit has been purchased, bit of ritchey and race face gear, will upgrade bits as and when I feel they are needed. Its in the lbs being finished - threads being cleaned of any residue powdercoat then hoping for a maiden voyage in the next week or two. Anyway, few pics:

Going 1 x 10 - have feeble legs at the moment so it will be kill or cure for them!

That's it for now.

P.S. about to move house which (partly) explains the mess in the garage - stuff everywhere! :oops:

Well it's all made up and ready for a voyage this weekend if I can get around packing for a house move.

Everyone loves their own bikes but I do think this is a tidy looking machine and more importantly will be really good for those mile munching longer rides, bit of touring and general workhorse

I love this bike. Not used enough at the moment as a small baby means rides are currently at a premium, but it's a keeper for sure.

I know the feeling mate, I'm the owner of a 6 month old and he's a full time job on his own! I like the idea of an orange inbred 29er, surly forks and a bit of a budget Devore etc build elsewhere as a bit of a summer evening rider!

Good deals at on one at the mo with their frame bundles!

Latest posts

Back