The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
There's something special (for me anyway) on the horizon.

Parts are arriving. I just have to work out how to make them fit. I only discovered V brakes a couple of years ago so all help gratefully received.

This is the rear mount that came with the brakes and 160 rotors. Do I need another for the front rigid forks then? (Surly)

8ae1cb88bb1806612c81c374bc906e5b_zpsieydvwsi.jpg

This newfangled stuff is quite nice actually. :cool:

Slx/xtr group arrived today as well. And a headset. And a BBB skyscraper. Wheels on way. I have a couple of sets of bars and stems in the shed that will do until I get the set up right.

Re:

Excellent brakes SLX, I have them on my 29'er KTM.

It would be a good idea to get a Shimano bleed kit too, as if you need to alter the length(s) of the hoses you will need to bleed them.

I think you may be OK with the front brake, but I'm no expert on discs either.

Re: And so it begins. Bespoke build. Guidance/advice please.

Just been informed that rear is direct mount so this should/may be ok for the front.

Bleed kit?

Re:

You remember hydraulic brakes, on cars and motorbikes, yes?

If you alter the hose length you have to bleed them to get any air bubbles out.

Johnny666 is the master of all brake bleeding, but in truth, it's easy peasy.

Re:

I've just fitted 2 sets of these brakes to friends bikes and didn't need a bleed kit when shortening the hoses. Saying that, you may just be the 1% of the population that Shimano had in mind when deciding on hose length for these :LOL:
Give me a shout if you need to shorten them and I'll talk you through how to do it carefully, and without needing the bleed kit.
Great brakes, by the way

Thanks for that. Will have you on speed dial.

Bought slx cranks and shifters etc on here too. Feels well made. Bontrager Mustang wheels incoming also.

So am I. :shock:

Wheels are here safely. Now. What's missing? Something important...................

Back