Claud Butler Shaman - But what year?

Siftah

Retro Newbie
Hey,
This is my first post, so hello and I hope I'm posting in the right forum etc...

I've recently 'restored', as in, cleaned up and put back together an old Claud Butler 'Shaman' that I acquired a few years ago. It was an ex girlfriends who left it with me when we split up. As I'm a cheap skate I decided to clean it up and make use of it rather than buying a new bike :)

It's suffered a bit from corrosion but I managed to get the worst of it off and it now looks fairly tidy.It weighs 13.6kg's as it is in the picture, which I think's pretty decent for an old bike?

Everything on it, as far as I know, is original apart from the seat.

I'd like to know what year this is from, does it even qualify as a retro-bike?

Any pointers would be gratefully received, as far as I can see it's *not* a 1991 bike but that's all my googling has found - I would expect this to be from around 2001, but this is a guess, can anyone confirm?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/siftah/16912481477
16912481477_0a476056f8_c.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

I dated my Claud Butler but 'dating' the components on it. So for example mine came with a Shimano Acera X groupset which I dated back to 1998. I used this table to help me, however it only runs from 1990 to 1999

Re:

Whatmot1":3rt11gsl said:
I dated my Claud Butler but 'dating' the components on it. So for example mine came with a Shimano Acera X groupset which I dated back to 1998. I used this table to help me, however it only runs from 1990 to 1999

Thank you! This is really useful!

I'd been trying to do the same by googling for various components, but most seemed to have been made for a long time and hence it's been difficult to zero in on the year.

A friend has commented that the logo is using a font which Claud Butler used from 1997 onwards, so I'm getting a little closer :)

Back