gt lts

Rideon

Dirt Disciple
In late 1997 this bike changed my life, I was spending way too much time getting rip roaring drunk, doing lines in toilets and smoking way to much weed, I woke up one sunday morning with a hangover flipped on the tv and saw a story on dh mtb, that arvo I went to the local bikeshop put my deposit on this (blue 3000) and spent the next 10 yrs or so racing, riding and left the old life behind..
It had many fix ups, welds, new linkage parts in its short 4 year life till i put it away in the olds shed in 2001. I remembered a few weeks ago it was still there so dug it out, time to bring it back to life...cant believe i kept riding it, so rough

Bye bye wallet. That looks like it's going to take a good bit of effort and pennies to bring back to life! But then, perhaps money worth spending, considering how this bike changed your life BITD. So what are the plans?

Good luck though. It could build up into something really quite nice.

I've got most of the stuff, too far gone for a catalogue resto maybe polish up the alloy paint the front end and forks some new decals tyres and seat, ill be happy with that...

Nice. Get it powdercoated in something funky, like smoked chrome or candy red or something that glows in the dark, slap on some modern components and enjoy it all over again...

Re:

liking the story :cool:

how did you go about having the aluminium welded? also thats an unusual looking linkage, was it modified for a longer travel shock?

sean

there was a local welder back in the day who was a pro so he welded the crap out of the head tube and put on gussets as well as the two plates to run a regular shock instead of the trunion mount as the black travel chips that the top mount bolted too constantly wore out.. the shock was the same travel

Latest posts

Back