2003 S-Works FSR

stumpjumper1990

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have been looking for a 2003 or 2005 red S-Works FSR/Epic for a while. I just love these bright red frames. Finally found one at the Pro's Closet. Negotiated with Nick on the price and shipment method (it's a pleasure to do business with him!) and today it arrived!

At first I will build it with parts from my 2002 S-Works FSR, but I will be looking for all black parts to put on it. I want all parts to be complete black so the red frame will show more clearly.

Here are the first pics!

Grotefoto-XBULTAPO.jpg

Grotefoto-HIDMGQR6.jpg

Grotefoto-U4CJLEUA.jpg

Grotefoto-7TLYYM8L.jpg

Always been very curious about these frames and the unique (I think?) shock arrangement

looking forward to seeing it built up Bart :)

Small update.

Put some parts of my 2002 S-Works on this one. New shifters and mechs are coming. Will use other wheels with black hubs and rims and I'm on the look for an all black (including stanchions) Bomber..

Grotefoto-EYCTUVN6.jpg

Ready to use..

New fork and saddle will arrive soon. Planning for disk brakes in the future so wheels will be all black too.

Grotefoto-MHWRVDR6.jpg

Grotefoto-7OMCZCCP.jpg

Grotefoto-XOU4U3VX.jpg

Wow. That looks absolutely superb! Love the black on red, and very nicely balanced. How does it ride?

p.s. I recognise the stem and bar...I think they 'make' the bike, personally! ;)

Still have a Thomson seatpost and stem on my wishlist. Not sure what bar to use though. This riser is comfy, but a flatter bar looks better. Will see...

The new fork is a new all black Bomber from 2010. Other disk brakes require some new wheels so it's going to be a project as well.. ;)

Mate, you've done a crackin job with that!

I used to sell these at our local dealership, when I worked there.. they are amazing bikes, soooo jealous - I want one!

Ebay here I come haha :)

Latest posts

Back