My latest project

markwashington

Senior Retro Guru
While I admit I'm far too old for a jump bike, when I saw this on Ebay last Friday I couldn't resist it:

It's a DDG Blackjack which internet research has led me to find was a DS/jump frame from circa 2000, it was basically a more heavy duty version of the DDG Shooter.

The parts are function over form (LX brakes, STX-RC crankset, D521s on Deore hubs and Avid levers) although the presence of a triple chain ring is bemusing!

The main downside is the Z1's have a cracked crown and need a service. I've just scored some more Z1's so they'll go on and I'll keep an eye out for a new crown for these. I'm looking forward to hitting my local jump spot and stacking in spectacular fashion :D

Attachments

• IMAG0259_BURST001.jpg
    IMAG0259_BURST001.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 503
Re:

looks like a good little jump bike.

Please take those pedals off, put them in a sack full off rocks and through them in the deepest body of water you can find. 15 years later i still have scares and a lumpy right shin from these!

enjoy, but seriously take the pedals off!

Liam

I'll probably end up putting some DMRs on, all my bikes run V8s or V12s, hadn't thought they'd be such killers though!

I have never had a jump bike but that does have a really good look about it and i use to have a pair of those pedals on a Schwin Moab and and really loved them but tbh i guess it depends what you use the bike for as i used it for road and farm trails so if you want to get rid then throw them my way ;) ..

Re:

I swapped mine for a pair of V8's and then never used any other flat pedal, i can probably count the times i have slipped off a DMR pedal on one hand in 15 years.

I had a pair of V8's on a Bergermont hybrid when i bought it in 1998 until i sold it in 2012 and i liked those pedals to as i'd had no incidents with those either although the right pedal did start to click a little in 2001 but i cleaned it up and regreased it but it didn't make any difference :? ..

Back