Y-E-T-I-A-R-C - SMOKE/DART/CROSSMAX - OPINIONS PLEASE!

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
as a follow on from my previous post on building this ARC.....

which you can read here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=281376&start=10

i fancied a more retro-look with the tyres, and found these beauties, second edition Panaracer Smoke and Dart!
i had these on a bike many many moons ago, but in all black, that was the new thing back then, funny how what goes around comes around.....
anyway, i had also seen back in january on this forum a cracking set of ceramic crossmax sl's
i got in touch with the owner to find they were still available!
so... i have sold my xtr 517 ceramics, and put this together!
i love it, i think! :?

opinions please! :D

Attachments

• 2014-03-08 12.35.16.jpg
    2014-03-08 12.35.16.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,092
  • 2014-03-08 12.35.00.jpg
    2014-03-08 12.35.00.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,092
Re: Y-E-T-I-A-R-C SMOKE DART CROSSMAX - OPINIONS PLEASE!

I think it looks great ... The wheels and tyres just look right and really compliment the frame ... The only thing I would change if it was my build ... And this of course is subjective ... I'd swop the silver stem out for a black one to match the seatpost and forks ... But, other than that it's perfect as it is ... I bet it rides lovely

cheers!
the ringle wasn't stem of choice, i bought a syncros for it, but the steerer on the fork is too short, so it has to be something low, and it's all i have that fits!
if anyone has a mint black 120mm zooka they want to swap for a mint silver, then let me know! :D

think the fork looks too dark now too, so rather than swap the forks out, as i like these rebas, i have decided to strip them and repaint them in yeti turquoise! will be a fun project and a lot cheaper than swapping forks! watch this space! :D

Looks good to me, I wish they still made crossmaxes that were rim brakes, oh well. I ran all black Smokes on my ARC for a while (Don't like the Dart, never have).

tyres are now for sale in the for sale section, they're just not doing it for me!

Back