98 Psycle werks Wild Hare

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Been restoring this over winter for my uncle. Too be honest its been a difficult and frustrating project with the lack of Disc mounts on the frame! I tried 3 different types of adapters but they are troublesome with rear pivot design. In the end i bought some 2nd hand Magura hydro rim brakes. BUT ended up having to find different forks with canti bosses and i ended up building some different wheels. I built the wheels with modern rim brake mavic rims and some old stock DEORE LX Disc hubs. So can be used with discs in the future.

Its not a purist build but a riding machine! I did however manage to find some really good hardly used XTR/XT parts for the drivetrain and i had the Raceface Turbine LP crankarms painted with the frame. NOW if only i could find a set of the Magura Brakes in white or blue.

Building this bike for Chris has made me fall in love with the Psycle Werks frames and im going to have to do one for myself :facepalm:

Attachments

• Wild hare 002.JPG
    Wild hare 002.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 544
  • Wild hare 001.JPG
    Wild hare 001.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 544
Yes i agree. The neon yellow brakes scream 90's and do look better in the flesh/alloy/steel though. I have seen the HS33 brakes in white :idea:

Attachments

• Wild hare 004.JPG
    Wild hare 004.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 537
  • Wild hare 003.JPG
    Wild hare 003.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 537
now that you mention it the white ones would probably look better.

SWMBO has blues on her hahanna and they're great

Yea thanks bud :D

It took awhile but got there in the end. Think the forks work great on it. Just need to find a Wild hare in medium for me now :facepalm:

There us set of new whte hs33 ob enay for 140 and ser of blue 40 or best offer - try 30 you may get them

Back