Merlin Fat Ti

Awkward Kid

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After having loads of fun on my Orange Five I began to miss the arrow like response of a full on XC bike. Before the Five I'd been looking at Scott Scales and On One Whippets and again very nearly took the plunge... But something a bit special came up (and this time not another Pace).
Always fancied one but never found one in the right colours. Going for a full XTR build with parts arriving almost daily. Forks I'm not 100% sure on but they'll do to get me started.
B4651BF3-B7AF-470D-AFEB-B073704F6A72-7734-000002A73A7CB170.jpg

Re: Back to what I know

AS-R SL? If so, check that carbon rear triangle carefully for cracks!

ARC Ti ??? I see a tiny hint of Yeti blue at the back so come on please reveal ! :cool:

Hmmm, possibly ti. There's a hint of what looks like galvanic corrosion where the pewter headbadge meets the frame, so it needs a good clean.....

So...

Check list as follows

Forks - Fox RL100
Headset - Chris King
Cranks - XTR M960 - Middleburn rings
Shifters - XTR
Front mech - XTR
Stem - Thomson
Post - Thomson
Wheels - Hope pro2 onto Mavic rims
Tyres - Panaracer 1.95's
Brakes - XTR
Bars - Choice of flat X-lite or carbon USE

I started bolting her together... fairly happy with my choices and as i type this... All of the above has been sold. Frame sits on ebay!
Moment of madness? :shock:
Well i've just landed a new job which means i'm moving and will 100% not have time to build her... but something else caught my eye if i'm 100% honest!

I was searching ebay for some Jagwire cables and its one of those auto pilot searches that i'm sure we all do. For some it could be Klein, others Litespeed (one of my auto/default searches), XTR, Pace, retro etc etc.
I saw it... thought WOW. Thought about it. Made a cuppa, then made an offer. Tried to do something else but ended up coming back to it and paying full wack. Opportunities like this just don't come along everyday!
Mr Postie delivers tomorrow and i'm typing this at 1am because i cant sleep! It'll be the third of its type i've had and a unicorn among unicorns!
I'll pop some pictures of the Yeti up part built but it had to make way. If its utter s*~t i'll delete my comments and take up netball or something. Chances are though its going to be unbelievable
Oh the former owner got my businesses number from the postage address and rang me today to tell me how awesome it is! I really hope i'm not building this up to much :oops:

Yeti ARC, the only hardtail 26 i would ride if i didnt have my litespeed. Hoping a Ti ARC will fall into my lap one day :D

I've had some WOW moments owning some very nice bikes. The Pace's I've had have been exceptional. The first bit of Ti I had was awesome and without hesitation I took the plunge and bought a Litespeed. That was of epic craftsmanship! But this... Really is on another level.

B6C9101E-2AA5-476B-966B-6211CCADE8E5-2774-000000EC9CF08F78.jpg

Back