My name's Bob and i'm a frame-aholic

Bob

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Having recently bought a GT RTS and wanted to finish it before doing anything else the plan went a bit sideways :oops:
I turned down a couple of offers for a more suitable fork for the GT on the grounds that I couldn't spend any more pennies at the moment. So a few days later I see Charlieboy28's GT Pantera frame up for sale, Hmmm... Yes i'll have that please, and whilst here waiting for said frame to come to me I get itchy mouse fingers and have a flick the local free-ads :roll:
This afternoon I trundled out to have look at very badly advertised carbon frame, to my delight (and my wallets anguish) it's was a not too modern Corratec, has disc tabs but also still has the V mounts.

Here she is how I got her...

2011-09-25_17-06-04_298.jpg

My idea being i'll nab parts from my Avalanche such as the carbon fork and I have a scary modern 27sp XT groupset hanging around here somewhere

Just stuck the fork under to see how it looked (bit of an awkward angle due to lack of headset)

2011-09-25_17-41-56_342.jpg

The riding position is feeling very weird at the moment but I think that can be sorted with a flat stem and bar

Back