The Golden Stumpy

And more upgrades; the period correct thing seems to have gone a bit wayward, but it gets better and better to ride. New wheels, XT/517 CDs, 9 speed XTR STi, 9 speed Ultegra cass, XTR V brakes,XTR rear mech, SLX crankset, Race Face carbon bars and Hutchinson Pythons since the last photos. Either the bike is getting better or there's a strong tailwind today, it feels great! :LOL:

P1030069.jpg

P1030070.jpg

P1030071.jpg

P1030072.jpg

P1030073.jpg

P1030074.jpg

Nice ride there. Love the gold (bronze).:cool:
How are you finding the Manitous?

Also, a couple of folk have referred to this as an M2 but am I right in thinking it isn't? Ritchey dropouts and Logic sticker suggest a steel frame.

Thanks - it's the met gold colour that really did it for me and has forced me to keep this for nearly two years (almost a record!), makes me feel happy just looking at it. It is Ritchey Nitanium cromoly tubing of course, anyone thinking it's an M2 is very confused! :LOL: I love M2s as well mind, I've owned five of them over the years ~ awesome bikes, if only they made gold ones! The Manitou fork is good. Works as well as anything else from the time and is reliable and fuss free. I've toyed with the idea of putting a Project Two on it, but will probably stick with the Man '0' Poos.

GoldenStumpy007.jpg

Coming up to three years since I bought this ~ still love it and it's still being used off road regularly. Since the last update, it's only had a few minor details changed. Pythons have been replaced with Race Kings; great tyres for dryish dusty trails/hardpack etc; highly recommended! The roadie cassette has been swapped for an XT 11-32 and the SLX has been replaced with a modern, but more retro looking Race Face crankset. Not much left to do except ride and enjoy it :)

I had one of these, I think Jamie now has it. Nice bikes to ride. There's photos in my Flickr stream of it with the original rigid fork. They're the last of the steel stumpies

Back