Muddy Fox Seeker Mega 1991 18" BIKE £90 or F&F only

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hey all,

I need to let a few bits and bikes go, this addition to the fleet was a bit impulsive.
Its very similar to my Sorcerer mega in frame design and I fancied building yet another bike as I liked my Sorcerer, rode so nice. was thinking for winter or summat or modernise it and chuck on some short travel forks... nah its full of old skool charm this one. ;)

-----------------
10th March update

A few weeks ago when I had serious interest :?: I took it over to West Yorkshire to sell, before that I decided to be good and make more effort, so fixed the puncture, gave it another dust over and oiled that old chain, and ya know what? I had fun riding it. Its Soooo old skool, feels great, freshen up wouldn't hurt, LH shifter needs an overhaul, wheels need a small true up and brakes are not gripping after my washing and tefloning, but it bloody rides, get it bought and get it ridden. INSTANT nolstalgia! Then consider your pimp rebuild. :D

bikesseekermegasale012.jpg

bikesseekermegasale014.jpg

bikesseekermegasale015.jpg

Its got groovy fat 2mm cables and everything, some ace golden age features on this wee beastie.

I could really use parts for other builds but think it deserves a chance to live on in its original style. I may consider PX ing parts if some of you are weighing up spendage.

End of update
----------

Image0248.jpg

I think its double butted cromo wishbone frame, with all those cool oval bits, squared bits, and period tube alignment for sloping top tube clearance, its pretty special not your average double diamond. ;) Nice fat forks all finished in Gold (maybe its bronze? :oops: ), its had a clean or two, looks like its had little use, just gathered little scrapes and stuff from being in someones utilty room/shed. Cleaned up OK really. I'd recommend a new chain. Course it would benefit from some fresh lube and grease ideally.
Lovely period 500LX stuff looks in good nick lots of miles available with original STI units, and matching size 170mm cranks. Araya VP-20 rims. And don't let that seat put ya off they are not that comfy anyway. It could look and ride pretty smart with a few choice period upgrades like My Sorcerer.

Image0251.jpg

JanSales005.jpg

JanSales004.jpg

This is almost the bike I was looking for when I joined Retro Bike,but with the others somethings gotta give, so grab some rideable bargain history while ya can. :)

Looking for £100 > Now only £90 and don't want to post yet, easy life n all that collection from (South Manchester) currently in West Yorkshire or possible localish delivery we could chat about. Post interest and Contact us if you are interested

Frame Fork option, H set, BB and seat post only £65

JanSales006.jpg

Image0249.jpg

I may consider breaking if generous offers come in for the frame/forks, and groupset bits, I wouldn't mind keeping the wheels, maybe shifters if we go down that route :cool:

JanSales007.jpg

foxy003.jpg

Nice looking bike.Think it's gonna be to small for me though.
You say it's to small for you, how tall are you?

ratch":l1illsdw said:

I'm 6ft 2ish, but its the 34"inside leg maybe, the 20" fox is perfect, so I reckon this would be good for jumping about on, only 1/2 inch shorter I'm sure I did the Peaks on a similar sized bike. I just needed a good reason to make me sell it! :D

reanimation":2u9v28c4 said:
ratch":2u9v28c4 said:

I'm 6ft 2ish, but its the 34"inside leg maybe, the 20" fox is perfect, so I reckon this would be good for jumping about on, only 1/2 inch shorter I'm sure I did the Peaks on a similar sized bike. I just needed a good reason to make me sell it! :D

Damn it, same size as me!!

So for that reason i'm out :( :cry: ;)

Arrgh i should have exaggerated! :LOL:

I ride all sorts of nuts stuff like my 13" modern 4x type thing, short but chuck-able, and despite the obscene shortness I'll still be building up the 18" Saracen too, only cos really like it though! should be comical depends what ya like.

Cheers anyway. :)

I'd be interested in frame + forks if it comes to a split - so could you tell me (virtual) top tube c to c? Thanks.

That's the hardest one to measure! :D I'll get a bunch of measurements on Saturday. its not abnormally short or anything. :)

OK, I tried to roughly measure up on this, Effective rough top tube length looking like about 22.5". Actual top tube length, (centre of headtube to centre of top of seat tube) is about 22" abou half Inch shorter than my bigger frame. :)

And old skool style its lengthened by a long stem @ 130mm

approx 42" wheelbase

It is defo an 18" tall seat tube, and 16" upto top of top tube. so nice and compact for balls clearance! ;)

Back