Not old, but yum - 20" Ti Voodoo D-Jab 08 - NO wheels

Mr Footlong

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi Folks. Since I managed to pick up a 18" version over the weekend and have transferred everything across bar the Chris King Headset which the LBS is going to do tomorrow/Wednesday, I am selling my 20" D-Jab 2008.

Specs and a review here: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -08--30986

Frame geometry here: http://www.voodoocycles.net/08_djab.htm

A beautiful bike, very well regarded, Jope Murray design, quick, agile and the fork is great. Took me a little while to get used to riding such a long travel fork but it works fine with the geometry and having lockout etc means she climbs fine too. Bought originally to commute to work and then get back in to off roading eventually. I managed 3 weeks of commuting 16 miles a day before before I was innolved in a RTA in March, not on the bike and had severe damage to my right thigh and knee. Haven't rode since. Took up running daily once I was well enough but due to a knee op this month due to the RTA I have been told no more road running so the bike will be my main exercise.

Despite being 6'7", I spent most of my teens on a 15.5" Alpinestars and am used to BMX-style agility, I just couldn't get used to the 20" frame no matter how hard I tried. I still find the 18" to be big for me but it's a start. That is the only reason for sale.

The bike is in excellent condition, the only 'fault' being that the head tube badge has fallen off, a character of all D-Jabs that I have seen but they can post you out another one FOC I have been told. The bike was serviced less than 2 weeks ago at East Street Cycles in Farnham and given a clean bill of health, this is when the new CK headset was fitted too. As mentioned above, I will be getting them to fit the standard headset back to the bike though.

The reason that no wheels are included is because I want to keep them so I can be lazy and run 2 sets of identical wheels, 1 with road tyres and one with MTB tyres on. These newfangled brake disc thingamies are too much hassle so I just want an easy life by having totally identical wheelsets.

I would like £550 for her, you get everything bar the wheels as stated, I think that is a fair price myself and ideally collection only, that way you can also inspect her first. Due to the fact that there are no wheels means that It could be easier to post I guess, but this would be about £15-£20 at a guess?

Pictures of both the 20" and the 18" are in my sig below. Look at the 18" and that is what the 20" looks like as of this morning, minus the Ti seatpost and the Ck headset of course! Once back from the shop I can take final pics if needed.

If any of you are concerned about me being new, I have a looooooong perfect trade history on Ebay (mr-footlong), have a looooooong perfect trade history on the OCUK trade forum (Mr Footlong) and have sold various things over the years on the Multiplay UK forums. JeRkY on here knows that I am not a ghost either 'cough' shameless name drop ;)

Cheers,

Nick :)

PM's replied to. Sorry for the delay, been busy. Just to clarify a few things:

Yes she comes with the removable rear V-brake studs.

No she doesn't come with the new USE Ti seatpost or the new SDG Bel Air RL saddle but I can include that saddle for an additional £20, roughly what it cost me. The FSA carbon seatpost will be included which was the standard kit.

Yes the rear stays are highly adjustable and can easily be set up for either a geared or SS setup.

Yes the Euro spec is different to the US spec, sorry, should have said in case people didn't realise that between the 2 links.

You are going to get the bike with everything as came as standard on her, bar the wheels. Once I get her back from the LBS I will put up the final picture of what she looks like if that helps.

I don't know how much shipping would be right now but if I have to, I can ship it I guess. Local pickup is preferred of course but I realise that this just isn't an option for a lot of people.

Payment via Bank transfer ideally.

Thanks,

Nick :).

Right, so just to clarify what it being offered here, is this right (taken from the link you provided above http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... -08--30986 ):

Frame & Fork:

Frame Material:3Al/2.5V Titanium Black Magic tubes
Fork Brand:Fox
Fork Model:Float 32RL 140mm

Brakes:

Brakes Brand:Hayes
Brakes Model:HFX9 Discs

Transmission:

Cranks Brand:FSA
Cranks Model:Afterburner
Rear Derailleur Brand:Shimano
Rear Derailleur Model:XT
Front Derailleur Brand:Shimano
Front Derailleur Model:XT

If all that's right, can you confirm a couple of things?

- What is included by the way of bars, stem, post, saddle?
- Is this pre-shadow rear mech XT?
- Has the fork been serviced?
- How many miles has the drivetrain done, what is its overall condition?

Some pics of what is actually being sold (when it's back from the LBS), would be great :)

If it all shapes up functionally and cosmetically then I'm very interested, but would require postage.

Cheers, Paul

Hi there. Sorry for no final pic before putting up for sale but the 18" was am impulse buy and I need to recover some of the money sooner rather than later :LOL:

Handlebars - 2008 FSA XC190 bars, 630MM, 20mm rise
Stem - 2008 FSA OS150 110mm length, 6 degree rise/drop
Seatpost - FSA SLK carbon 20mm setback 350mm seatpost
Saddle - Black random thing that it came with - will keep if SDG wanted

I don't know/understand what the shadow bit actually means so couldn't tell you currently. All I know is it is the weird new way that wants to climb to the slow gears by default, not the fast gears, low normal I think.

Due to only riding on road before I got injured and running over 100PSI in the forks as I wanted them to be more solid than saggy AND using lockout virtually all the time, the forks are working perfectly well. When I had the service done and asked them to check the forks they said that they didn't believe it would be worth it to service them yet based on a test ride, hope that helps?

The drivetrain has only done about 250 miles, all road. I did swap the chain from the 18" on to there though so cannot comment on that.

I think she is in excellent condition myself and I think anyone else buying her will agree. The seatpost could do with a buff where it has been up and doen in various positions, took it off the 18" version.

If I have to post, I have to say that UK people would take priority over overseas people to be honest, sorry to those abroad I have replied to by PM.

Cheers,

Nick.

Just an update. I have been convinced to do the right thing so the bike is provisionally sold to IbocProSX subject to us agreeing on a couple of little things. he was the first to enquire/want to buy.

Thanks,

Nick :).

Back