Hope Hubs for sale

jimijazz

Dirt Disciple
From 1996/7 I'm selling a pair of red Hope hubs.

The front one is not the ultralight, nor is it the fatso, but the one in the middle (sorry, but I can't remember the name). Very good condition, zero play.

The rear one is the standard ti rear cassette hub they made back then, can't remember the exact name. Zero play, loud clicks, a couple of marks on the freehub body but nothing too bad. The bearings have been replaced once and neither hub has had any serious off road use for the last 3 years. Pics will follow in the morning.

Both hubs are non-disc. Price for Front is £10, rear £40.

Hubs

Sorry but you must put a firm price on all sales in this section or the moderators will lock the thread. There is a seperate thread for "how much is it worth" if you read the rules of the site, thanks! Move quick.

Re: Hubs

Wold Ranger":356lsy6v said:
Sorry but you must put a firm price on all sales in this section or the moderators will lock the thread. There is a seperate thread for "how much is it worth" if you read the rules of the site, thanks! Move quick.

Sorry - will get prices and pics up today.

Huns

I don't know if this helps at all, but I am gagging for a front hope Ti-glide in red...

...so if anyone needs the rear or you feel like breaking up the pair, let me know.

Re: Huns

i-am-iron-man":2zxgvb48 said:
I don't know if this helps at all, but I am gagging for a front hope Ti-glide in red...

...so if anyone needs the rear or you feel like breaking up the pair, let me know.

and me the rear :D

If the price is good (and the condition)

Re: Huns

FluffyChicken":3jy0zarp said:
i-am-iron-man":3jy0zarp said:

and me the rear :D

If the price is good (and the condition)

I concur - I am interested as long as the flanges aren't shagged. Is two enough to make a collection? - if so, then I have a collection of broken ti-glide hubs in my bedroom.

Well the Ti-Glide is just the rear (to nick pick) the front are superlight, suspension and fatso.

Wouldn't happen to have any endcap/spacer thing bit with the grub-screws that the fork clamps against for an old superlight before the suspension models came out iirc. ? Think normal superlights will works.

FluffyChicken":2vfmbqa2 said:
Well the Ti-Glide is just the rear (to nick pick) the front are superlight, suspension and fatso.

Geek.

Wouldn't happen to have any endcap/spacer thing bit with the grub-screws that the fork clamps against for an old superlight before the suspension models came out iirc. ? Think normal superlights will works.

I dont think I do, but that doesn't half ring a bell. I'll check my small stock of knackered hubs when I get in - if I have one its yours.

Do you think its their propensity to break that makes this my favourite hub of all time? I've owned loads of them now.

Right then. Pics are below:
Front
P1030107.jpg

Slight wear on the anodising:
P1030108.jpg

Tiny crack on 1 side:
P1030112.jpg

And tiny crack on other side:
P1030114.jpg

Rear
P1030105.jpg

P1030106.jpg

I hadn't noticed when they were laced up, but the front has some small (tiny) cracks which I've tried to show in the photos. As a result, I'm asking for £10. For the rear, being in such good condition, I'm asking £40. If these prices are way off and you're interested in buying them, please let me know and we'll try to come to some arrangement.

That is the exact front I want - I am specifically after the skinny version as its for a road wheel - but I'd be substituting a cracked one for one with cracks :(

I'll do some thinking...

Back