Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:02 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:21 pm 
Retro Guru

IMPORTANT COVID-19 update:
due to the recent virus-outbreak packages are either super slow, or I can't send them at all. Please contact me before sending payment do discuss actual status.
Also, sending packages to the UK (and to the rest of the world) has been a lot slower than usual. I am sending out packages as international airmail which for you guys in the UK is equivalent to "1st class signed for". These packages are usually received by anybody on mainland UK in 5 working days. Now I have packages in Heathrow exchange for weeks. Please understand, this is out of my control, as the items reached the UK in 3 days. Maybe they clean them one-by-one or there is a lack of manpower, or who knows? Just bear in mind: the usual shipping times are not valid anymore. 2 weeks is considered 'good', 3 weeks 'average' and if it's still in transit after 4 weeks, get in touch with me. But please, don't message me 2x a day after 5 days where's your package.

As again: by ordering you are acknowledging that shipping is out of my control once it left my hands at the post office, and I bear no responsibility you not getting them "in time". The £8 post listed below is an economical shipping method I use. I can send them faster, but that will have its price.
Please note, I am as transparent as it comes when discussing shipping costs. In the end, it's your decision what you prefer. But in this covid-times cheap AND fast is not going to work.

BE SAFE, #STAYHOME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: whoever thinks Facebook is faster: https://www.facebook.com/replacement.elastomers you can contact me there. Also, my mail is public (the same as my Paypal address) it's rob at bikemag dot hu

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OK, here it is: replacement elastomer* springs for your Manitou's, Judy's, Pace and many others.

*First things first: it's not an elastomer. What you may have inside your forks are MCU's, microcellular urethane. This is not the same.
It does not absorb oil or grease since it's basically a sort of silicone rubber. That means it will probably outlast your forks. It has similar characteristics to MCU regarding damping and rebound, so soft on startup, spongy during travel, and fairly fast during rebound, but it comes back to the original state faster than MCU. Not coil spring fast, but just not MCU slow. It has been ridden for years now by my friends, and zero failures yet. I have also sold some earlier here, maybe those will chime in and tell their experiences.

They are 'unisize'. That means it will fit a lot of forks. It has been tested on M2, M3, first-gen. Judy, Scott Unitrack, RST 281/381, Tange Struts/ProStruts, and some Pace. Outer diameter is 19mm height is 38mm, inner diameter is 5mm
They come in two flavors, red = soft, orange = medium. You can mix them it does not affect pricing.
I am 77kgs and run all soft.

Reference numbers: for Judy's you need 10, for Manitou's (Two, Three, Sport) you need 9 (that's 4,5 per leg, you need to cut one to half) New info: Thanks to fatchancyeti, I can confirm now that for the Manitou Mach 5 you need also 4,5 per leg. Recently I have sold these for Manitou 1's and they require 6 (3 each leg).

Yes, forgot to mention: they could be cut just like elastomers, so if the 38mm in height does not suit your needs you simply cut them with a sharp knife.

Price: £4 per piece if you want to have them one-by-one, or £30 per fork, just let me know what kind of fork you have. For M1 there is a special price of £20 per fork as it requires only 6 of them.

Shipping: Price is my local post office's actual pricing: https://www.posta.hu/static/internet/do ... _01_01.pdf
Tracked international mail is £8 per set (up to 2-3 sets) inside EU. USA or other non-EU countries shipping is £11
Paypal F&F please, or cover costs (4%).

If you see this advertisement months after the opening post then drop me a PM and I will have some available :)
I also have a production capacity of 500 per week, so if you'd need a larger quantity that's another discussion. Drop me a PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Now Proflex elastomers are available too. Please note: this is in beta phase. Only write if you are aware of that fact and willing to buy them anyhow. PM for details. Some look better than the others, and no, you can't remove the 'dirt' from them, they are caused by the form-separator. There are now two types available, the 2,5" and the 3" tall versions. The newer versions have less residue of form separator, so look much nicer, albeit not 100%
Please check your frame and/or fork for proper stack height. Hardness is "soft" so good up to 80-85kgs

Yes, the first picture shows them installed (so this is not a random google pic):

Last edited by rva on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:46 am, edited 16 times in total.

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:29 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Great stuff, don’t need any right now but you never know :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:05 pm 
Old School Hero

i missed this!. I bought PU Polyurethane 20mm diameter. if they can fit, i will order from you mate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:45 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi there.
Amazing stuff.
What is the difference in colour. Hard and soft?
Very interested.
Looking for a set for some Judy SL's.
What would the price be including postage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:30 am 
Retro Guru

haydzmtb wrote:
Hi there.
Amazing stuff.
What is the difference in colour. Hard and soft?
Very interested.
Looking for a set for some Judy SL's.
What would the price be including postage.

sorry, updated the first post

red = soft
orange = medium

we can do hard (white) but that's for 130+ kgs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:42 am 
Dirt Disciple

Think I will have a bit of a mixture then. Half and half.
Price posted?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:45 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

PM sent :D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:59 pm 
Retro Guru

This may be useful for a friend, just subscribing for updates and as I'll never be able to find the thread again otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:59 am 
Retro Guru

Where abouts are you based as I like to meet/cash? I am requiring elastomer sets for all the fairly minty forks i've gathered...

Pace RC35AB
Pace RC35 MXC
Manitou 1 fork (the original grey ones, think they are 1's)
Rockshox Quadra 21R

I've no idea on the factory spec/size requirements as mine were all either chewing gum mush or rubber pieces/dust. I'm 13-14 stone so guessing require 'firm'.

Cheers

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:54 am 
Retro Guru

I’m away for the weekend, so all pm’s and other inquiry will be answered Monday. Cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next