Tiny '93 Kona Hahanna frame for sale - NOW SOLD!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
NOW SOLD!

It's this one here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=365736

14" centre to top, needs 30mm post clamp and a 26.6 post, neither of which it came with or I have. The headtube is 90mm, and is 1".

I've had a go at cleaning out the BB threads, and I got the tool in a fair way but didn't like to push my luck, it's more for cleaning out the threads than re-cutting them, and I'm not sure what it needs really. So you're taking a chance on them not coming up better in which case you'll need one of the BB's by the likes of FAG that are for such dilemmas and thread one side on to the other with no need to screw into the frame. Easy enough fix.

So, this owes me not a lot now, but the postage can only be done with ParcelForce 48 through the PO due to my work hours, lack of a printer for labels for other couriers, and the fact I can't wait in for a collection. Postage cost to me is £16, so I'm going to say £30 posted with a bit of patience on your part while I find a box and wrap it etc, posting would most likely be done next Monday now, and please, don't even ask for postage anywhere outside the UK.

I'd be willing to swap it for a decent lightweight set of wide, high riser bars, and I also need a nice lightweight saddle, modern or retro, not bothered. Possibly a short fairly high rise stem too.

SOLD!

Re:

Hi!

We're looking for a small frame, but almost wonder if this'd be too small - how tall a person would you think this would fit?

Thanks a lot,
Chris

Re:

Does this help at all, geometry chart at bottom of this page from the 1993 catalog.....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 5.jpg.html

From my experience, at 5' 6" and a 'guuuurl', this would be pretty 'BMX'-y even by my standards, but ride-able. I'd usually ride a 16" Kona, but sometimes these older ones have a slightly different geometry to the later '90's ones. I'd say this would suit someone 5' upwards, off the top of my head....

Re: Tiny '93 Kona Hahanna frame for sale cheap or trade

OK thanks! I'll see if i can make any sense out of the information on the link (though it'll probably go over my head tbh!) I'm looking for my partner who's 5"2', as the basis for building up a touring bike. Would the headtube measurements etc. make it difficult to find compatible components for it? (sorry, i'm still trying to get my head around all the different variables!!)

Re:

I think it would be ideal for her at that height, and for touring, but in all honesty you may struggle a bit more to find 1" forks for it than the fairly standard 1 1/8", but having said that, I was offered some cheap 1" forks for it so it's not too difficult to source the bits......

Re: Tiny '93 Kona Hahanna frame for sale cheap or trade

OK thanks! We're very tempted indeed, although will have to have a think about it. I'll probably go and speak to someone at the local bike coop asap to see if they could help us source some compatible forks...

Re:

No worries, there is other interest so if you could let me know either way as soon as poss, that would be very much appreciated ;)

Latest posts

Back