Fisher CR7 in need of TLC

Seems to have had mudguard eyes & rack bosses added ? And painted in primer ?

Such a shame. I really want a CR7 but this one needs too much work. And is bloody miles away.

Re:

Yeah same frame as the article. I think it was released one year with a matt effect main triangle, similar to the matt marin paint jobs. While the forks and rear triangle were chromed. Looks like the main triangle is oxidising and there's been some cover-ups at both the front and rear dropouts. Wonder if it's still got all it's Suntour XC parts. They look like the self-energising rear canti's.

Re: Re:

Johnni68":15tyq2pd said:
...there's been some cover-ups at both the front and rear dropouts.

It's had mudguard eyes & rack bosses brazed/welded on, and painted in primer to cover the heat damage.

This frame's slightly different to the '89 I had. And going back further the '88 had 1" headset, before the "Evolution" 1¼" system was introduced.

If this one was local I'd take a punt but Leeds is much too far.

rva":13ygby8a said:
I guess there is a difference between the Fisher branded CR-7's like on this link http://www.mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1989_Fisher_CR7.html
and the one which seems a later '92 model with Gary Fisher branding on the downtube.
Anyone knows for sure?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gary Fisher sold is company "Gary Fisher MTB" in or about 1991, he stayed on as CEO or something and the bikes were then made in Taiwan. This was before the Trek takeover of 1993-1994.

That could explain the decal changes.

Back