SOLD. Alpinestars unicorn content within...

Status
Not open for further replies.

regan_ev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Right then MEGA SALE hitherto, Al MEGA and Ti Mega sales... I've been struggling with life a long time (those who KNOW me know that, and the Ti Mega build took a(-nother) different direction last weekend when I decided to sell the NOS Onza Porcs and Ti Barends. They've both gone, at it felt good TBH. Liberating! So I've had an epiphany; I'm gonna be selling the lot, except my real baby which is the 91 DX (yellow/white).

Will be advertised HERE on Retrobike for a couple of days before putting the word on Facebook. I'd love a keen fellow RBer to get them, hence first refusals here. It's a crisis sale but not a cash crisis sale. Just a seeking-happiness and my sanity sale so prices are not negotiable, unless you're reading this in 2017 and it's still not sold!

----------------------------------------
Über-rare, unicorn, Alpinestars MegaLite Carbon handlebars.
NOS. Uncut. Wanktastic. You won't find another one. Ever.
£125 PLUS shipping. SOLD P.P.

Super-rare Alpinestars Easton clamp-on stem
120mm reach, laser engraved logos on the side, straight out of the Alpinestars boutique accessory brochure. Includes a 28.6mm handlebar shim as it has an oversized bar clamp. Also includes 1 ¼" quill converter to fit the Ti Mega, with a purple ano shim to pack up to 30.0mmø of the clamp-on Alpinestars stupid stem/fork pre-Ahead system.
£50 plus shipping ON HOLD

More pics on request
VVGC Manitou 2 Forks, MINT!
with NEW SuspensionForkParts.net Firm Elastomer Kit (BNIP) and 1 ¼" threaded steerer to fit the Ti Mega.
Beautiful unfaded purple logos, stanchions are mint. Superb.
£115 plus shipping ON HOLD

====================================
SOLD
NOS 1992 Alpinestars Al-Mega XTR
SOLD Whole bike: £1,450 including delivery (to England)

SOLD
1991 Alpinestars Ti-Mega EOS frame, frame number 4027.
Includes XT M735 bolt on front mech, rear mech hanger, seat clamp, ferrules and full decal set by Gil_m
NOS Shimano M900 XTR seatpost, ø27.2mm to fit the Ti Mega
In the box. Never fitted. Never gonna see another.
NOS Shimano M900 XTR 1¼" Headset.(HP-M902, 1 ¼" - Note, HP-M900 is the 1", HP-M901 is the 1⅛", this is the 1 ¼" M900 headset, called Hp-M902)
In the box, never been out, comes with the super snot Shimano green grease.
SOLD £1100 bundled

Re: Re:

Gruff":2cxmuxcq said:
:shock: :shock:
Bloody Hell mate, what gives?
I'm in pursuit of happiness. Parting with it will be the lesser of two evils. I'll still have the 91 DX, and I'm already looking forward to riding that at Mayhem next year. That cost me £2800 to build, so I should be getting some real enjoyment from it opposed to just looking at it through layer s of bubble wrap buried five bikes depp at the back of the garage.
Draining my own swamp lol.

Re: MEGA (crisis) sale... Alpinestars unicorn content within...

Am shocked, that's one hell of a Alpinestars sale! Not likely to find another as good.. what's made you decide to part with such delights..

Just read your reply to gruff, I guess you just want a simpler life, can't blame you, and at least your keeping a bike your gonna ride!

Dibs on XTR, M231, cassette, etc. wheel set if part out begins..
PM sent

Wow Regan :shock:

If you split the XTR Al-Mega, First Dibs on the XTR M900 Brifters, Rear Mech and Chainset :facepalm:

Been there myself Regan! Get yourself an 80's fat, not expensive & scratches an itch & it'll remind you of your pilgrimage!

Re:

That came out of the blue as a total surprise Regan :shock: :shock:

I have been following your excitement and joy over finally acquiring a Ti-Mega and all your thoughts and thinking on how to use the NOS Al-Mega XTR as donor. Then followed by the over-the-top rare find of the Al carbon handlebar as you were collecting bits for the Ti-build. And now this :?:

I notice the use of the word happiness, which to me signals, that values in life are being challenged by these unicorns. Reinforced by the keeping of the "simpler" version from your Aplinestars collection.
I would never had thought, that you would consider parting with the Al-Mega XTR and was a bit surprised to notice your thoughts on using it as a donor for the Ti-Mega. It made sense from some perspectives, and it was your build and parts.
Going from your build thread on the Ti-Mega to this statement of today is a major roller coaster ride - downwards, but that is only when viewed purely on bike parts and passion of collecting.
How odd it may appear, it actually also is a day of joy, as your relief is felt through every line of your writing.

I am sad, that it ended here and not by the ultimate fulfillment of your inner most dreams. Or maybe it really has ended as your fulfillment now knowing, that riding is more important than collecting.

Good luck on your journey and all the best with your sale. For sure these beauties will not be around for long.

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back