ProFlex Animal with trick bits

hoonboy

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Found this beauty at the back of a mates garage last night.

image.jpg

Proflex Animal medium with Nolan coil shock
Girvin Chubby forks
Magura HS22 brakes
Titec Hell Bent bars
WTB front hub, XT rear
Kooka cranks & rings
SRP & X lite crank bolts
DMR V12 pedals
XT Mech

It's in really good condition as it had never seen extreme use and been in the garage for 17 years, but all the rubber has perished in that time. Fork boots are disintegrating and the forks themselves are solid and will require a strip and rebuild to free them up.

Will supply it with an 8sp Sachs chain, set of period tyres (Piranha Pro rear, Wildgripper front), Clark Teflon gear cable set and Maxpro grips (all NOS).

Asking for £300 as it is for admin purposes, but this is more of an interest check as I could also either fully restore it or strip for parts depending on what people think.

Cat not for sale but it's an evil bastard so probably best I keep it.

Re:

I just unscrewed the top of the forks and the elastomers are still greased and supple. There was a little bit of brown water around the bottom spring so I can only guess that moisture has got in over time and the sliders/bearings have become sticky.

It could also be a damping thing but I don't know much about these forks. Seems like a strip and rebuild of the whole bike will see it working a treat, as I can supply the NOS parts from that era to get it back up and running. There is nothing wrong with the brakes, or gears as they are. Am going to put some new tyres and tubes on it and see how it rides tomorrow. Rear shock is working although making a squirting noise as it compresses. Maybe they did that, I had one on my RTS and I think I remember something similar.

So it's a restoration project with all the bits required for £300. I can get a bike box from my LBS and ship it anywhere in the UK at cost, or can negotiate if someone wants it restored before despatch. Will also listen to offers on the frame and forks as a combo.

Okay then the Proflex seems to be better then you originally thought so your options to sell it as it or as a project make perfect sense at it would seem a damn shame to split this little gem and if i'd had the money and room for storage i'd of snapped it up when i 1st saw this thread ..

Back