1997 Kona U-Hu - Suspension Experience, Easton Elite £40!!

fritz

Dirt Disciple
For sale - 1997 Kona U-Hu

When was the last time you saw one of these?

This iconic Kona frame, with the last year of proper Hawaiian flower decals (the final year in '98 went a bit funny I think), is a Suspension Experience series, Tig welded, double butted 7005 series Easton Elite Aluminium frame with a ball burnished finish.

It measures 19" from the centre of the BB to the lip of the seat post tube - please let me know if you want any more measurements! Also if you need any more pictures I can email these.

I'd say the frame is in a fair used but original condition, the ball burnished finish is good in places but on the bottom of the down tube and the rear of the seat tube the lacquer really needs a rub back and re-coat or perhaps some sort of hard t-cut? There is also wear you'd expect in small spots over the rest of it. I can't see any cracks or damage in the front triangle. The same with the rear triangle except for a ding at the edge of the chain ring/chain area and the paint worn off here as well. Also see the paint/lacquer wear underneath the BB.

All welds, the head tube and BB threads appear good. The original Kona branded seat post is also included. The Shimano XT front mech is included as i don't need this anymore - this is in great condition, the Raceface ISIS bottom bracket is also included - this is in good condition.

The Fox Vanilla shock with 700 x 157 Fox spring was working when I rode it last but I haven't serviced it since I first got it, the same with the pivots.

History - I bought this about 10 years ago to add to my collection of '97 frames that I have hanging in the garage. It was built up and ridden for two years but has been hanging up in the garage for about 8 years and now is really the time to sell it on as I don't have room anymore!

Price: £40 - including Raceface BB, XT front mech & fox shock

(plus postage at cost on Parcelforce 48hr or free collection obviously!)

Can accept Paypal with fees or Bank Transfer, all monies put towards supercharging sports libre 2cv.

Based in Plymouth but travel to Exeter or Bodmin to ride.

Re: 1997 Kona U-Hu - Suspension Experience, Easton Elite frame

Bump. Price drop to £65.

Boxed up and ready to post out tomorrow to the right new owner...

Bump. Price drop! Kaboom!

Price drop to £50 - including Shimano XT front mech and Raceface ISIS Bottom Bracket.

Retro winning.

Make me an offer... boxed up and ready to go.

£174 postage via Parcelforce.com here from the UK!

If you can find a cheaper courier however I am more than willing to drop it off.

Package is 13kgs and 100cm x 60cm x 20cm.

Price drop to £40 - including Shimano XT front mech and Raceface ISIS Bottom Bracket!

Last chance or its back up in the garage roof for another decade..

Re:

Hi, am interested in buying your Kona frame .
Am new to this forum so not sure of next steps
Regards
Rod

Back