Raleigh Dyna Tech Torus Titanium Large

jameswalker

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

I purchased a raleigh torus with basic components from a member here (although it was via ebay) in 2008 and have commuted on it for the past 5 years. Practically the only part that hasn't been changed in that time is the frame. It has become lighter and lighter with each upgrade. Although the components are new, the frame is not, hence I will advertise it here first. Initially I will try to sell the bike whole, for ease, but if that fails I will split the lot and put everything on ebay. I am looking for £500 complete. If I split, I imagine I will get rather more, but would advertise the frame at £300. I am selling it as I have just discovered 29ers, which seem to suit me better than 26.

Frame: Raleigh Dyna-Tech Torus Titanium, large (est 20" frame). I am 6 foot and this is a perfect fit. I would estimate that anyone under 5 foot 10 would not suit this frame. It is in VGC, no cracks. There is a tiny dent on the top tube where the handlebars have hit the frame (really is very small, I have shown it in the photo but it isn't noticeable really) but apart from that it is in very good condition. No major scratches, absolutely no cracking, lovely welds. It polishes up very well with a bit of elbow grease! A few minor scuffs, only what you would expect of a bike like this.

The frame has no disc mounts, so has rear V brake. It does not have a front mech or front shifter, as it runs single front chainring. Last time I weighed this, it was under 11kg (under 24 lbs) on my bathroom scales.

View the album here:
http://s247.photobucket.com/user/Tobias ... /ti%20bike

Forks: Fox float RL 32, 100mm travel (adjustable up to 140mm) has cable rubbing scuffs.
Stem: Titanium 110mm
Bars: Easton Monkeylite Riser Handlebar. Scratches here caused by another bike's handlebars hitting them during transit on bike rack.
Seatpost: USE Infinite adjust carbon fibre post.
Front Wheel: Mavic crossride. Very light and true. Formula oro brake disc rotor.
Front Brake: Hope M4 (older style) beefy 4 pot caliper, relatively new pads. Excellent feel and stopping power.
Rear Wheel: Hope pro 2 hub laced to mavic rim. Stainless spokes. Runs true.
Rear Brake: XT V brake. Provides ample stopping power in the dry. In the wet, less so.
Cranks: Gravity. They look beefy, but they are extremely light, hence why they were chosen.
BB: RaceFace hollowtech gold.
Chainring: 36 tooth MiddleBurn Hardcoat Solo.
Rear Mech: XT
Rear sprocket: XT
Rear mech: XT
Pedals: Shimano hybrid platform / SPD.
Saddle: Selle Italia
Tyres: Panaracer fire XC pro 2.1 front and rear.
Headset: Cane Creek S7.

Minor downsides: Right grip is slightly cut down and gears need adjusting at the rear. Shifter is fully functional, but the thumb press has snapped at the top.

Viewing welcome in the Reading area.

Back