Mountain LX Groupset - £50

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I have been hoarding this for a while, whilst on the hunt for a '89 MF courier comp, thought i might only score a frame. As it turned out I got a complete bike, so dont really need this anymore.

I know this Groupset was only available in 1989, so can be a bit difficult to track down, so I hope i can help someone out

Front mech is Deore LX - no idea why - it all came of the same bike, cage is bit rubbed

The right hand thumbie clicks nicely, but moves on its mount, so dont know how well it would work when set up so consider it spare/repair. Left hand is fine.

All the rest appears to be in good usuable condition, the chainset and rings are nice, the cantilevers are really really nice, very, very similar to M550, but with a lovely matt black finish.

Rear mech is good and tight, jockeys are good, but its a bit scratched in the normal places.

Levers, mounts, hoods are all tidy

£50 posted the lot

P.S.

I can also bundle in the built up wheels that go with this lot, for not much more, but it might impact postage costs, so happy to discuss.

Attachments

• mountain lx2.jpg
    mountain lx2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 654
  • mountain lx.jpg
    mountain lx.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 654
Very tempted with this lovely collection for my '89 Orbit; what are the wheels and what condition please? Ta! :D

heres some pictures of the wheels - i think these are just the sort of thing you would get on an orbit in '89

alesa made in Belguim, i started to clean them just to give an idea of what they could be like

solid as anything

call it £50 plus postage with the the wheels

Attachments

• mlx cassett.jpg
    mlx cassett.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 415
  • mlx front wheel.jpg
    mlx front wheel.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 415
  • mlx front wheel 2.jpg
    mlx front wheel 2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 414
  • mlx rear wheel.jpg
    mlx rear wheel.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 414
  • mlx wheel 3.jpg
    mlx wheel 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 415
Well now it really would be rude not to, you're a gent - I've been coveting something like this for a long time! :D the rear axle is bent in my Maillards so these will be perfect and I can spend forever searching for a replacement ... then I've basically got enough for another bike! :facepalm:

I'll drop you a PM now for payment/postage etc

Back