1996 GT Avalanche 20"

boyer_moore

Retro Newbie
Hello! FOR SALE is a 1996 GT Avalanche. Size is 20", which is the equivalent of a XL (I think -- comfortably fits folks 6'1" to 6'4"). Purchased at University Bicycles in Boulder, Colorado, in 1995, this has been sitting in the garage for the last twelve years, at least, and is ready for a new owner. Frame is made of 7005 aluminum and serial number is SAS6A1212. This is a really fun, fast, aggressive riding bike. The rear wheel could be redished, but it's true and the bike is completely functional.

Photos of the bike are posted here: https://plus.google.com/photos/11635605 ... cmd8KaH2wE.

Here are the specs on the bike:

GT handlebars, grips, and chain
Rock Shox 21RS Quadra suspension fork
Mavic 221 rims (the higher end ones, with the gold coating)
Shimano LX shifters, front derailleur, cantilever brakes, cranks, crank arms (175), cassette (8 speed), hubs
Shimano PD-M747 SPD pedals
Shimano XT rear derailleur
Kore stem
AheadSet Dia-Comp headset
Vetta Trishock saddle
WTB VelociRaptor 2.1 treads

Asking $200. I'm basically just trying to make sure this finds a good home, so although I'm willing to sell this for a low price, I'm not willing to part out its components. I am willing to strip down and carefully pack the bike to keep the shipping costs as low as possible (but buyer pays actual cost of shipping).

Thanks for looking and please contact me with any questions.

Back