Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:18 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:40 am
Posts: 160
Location: Cheshire
Image

I have finally received the tyres I ordered back in March :D and have a few too many due to the quantity needed to get them to this country.

So if you would like one, two or more please PM me.

1 Panaracer Smoke Classic 2.1 Amberwall £32.50 plus £6 p&p
2 or more £32.50 each and free p&p

Swaps also considered (27.2 seatpost '94 era mint condition, '93 era Ringle QR's blue or silver, 32 hole Black Ringle rear cassette hub with yellow writing, 32 hole M900 hubs & QR's mint condition, M900 cassettes NOS, Sedis Silver chain NOS) Open to other items but nothing older than '94.

Payment made via Paypal.

Thanks for looking.


Top
 Profile  
 
Register or login to remove these adverts


PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: wirral
Yes please can I have 1 of the smoke classic tyres!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:18 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:23 pm
Posts: 656
Location: Surrey Hills
PM sent....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:38 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 503
Location: Leamington, UK
Am I the only one thinking £32.50 is a bit steep?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:49 pm 
Retro Guru
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 am
Posts: 4513
Location: Wirral
A bit steep why ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:52 pm 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:43 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Macclesfield Forest
grogee wrote:
Am I the only one thinking £32.50 is a bit steep?


These are brand new re-issued tyres, and considering they are no longer available in the UK, it seems a fair price to me.

I should also point out that comments on pricing should be kept to a minimum as stated in the forum rules here: --> http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/Classif ... _Procedure


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:04 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Bournemouth
They also cost more from Germany when they have them ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:04 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:40 am
Posts: 160
Location: Cheshire
Pyro Tim wrote:
They also cost more from Germany when they have them ;)



Also when you buy from Germany you should pay import duty at about 5% and then VAT. This is not something you pay when buying the tyres, this is a separate payment made to HM Customs & Excise which is the buyers responsibility to pay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:06 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:58 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Bournemouth
Jon Smith wrote:
Pyro Tim wrote:
They also cost more from Germany when they have them ;)



Also when you buy from Germany you should pay import duty at about 5% and then VAT. This is not something you pay when buying the tyres, this is a separate payment made to HM Customs & Excise which is the buyers responsibility to pay.


Sorry Jon, but that's not true ;) Germany is in the EU, no additional taxes whatsoever


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:15 am 
Old School Hero

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:40 am
Posts: 160
Location: Cheshire
Pyro Tim wrote:
Jon Smith wrote:
Pyro Tim wrote:
They also cost more from Germany when they have them ;)



Also when you buy from Germany you should pay import duty at about 5% and then VAT. This is not something you pay when buying the tyres, this is a separate payment made to HM Customs & Excise which is the buyers responsibility to pay.


Sorry Jon, but that's not true ;) Germany is in the EU, no additional taxes whatsoever



Sorry about that I was talking from a business point of veiw and not personal. Yes you are right for personal use under a certain value they are tax free. Unfortunately to get them here I exceeded my quota :facepalm:

Jon


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigwheelz, cvalda69, elite504, jez-4-bikes-max, Matteo_01, player, reileao, Retro-bike-fan, shinobi, Suzukiko, TSC., Vinevo, Woody and 55 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group